Government update for March 20
March 20, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: March 16
• Approved, 3-0, warrant resolutions for the month of February totaling $669,842.66.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract with Soilogic, Inc. for construction materials testing for the swinging bridge rehabilitation project.
• Approved, 3-0, a sand and gravel lease expansion of 30.63 acres with Ann and Nick Charchalis for extracting sand and gravel from the property for the number 2 Lyons Pit.
• Approved, 3-0, a letter of support for the Mustang Club to apply for a Gates Family Foundation grant for the relocation of the former Union Pacific train depot and a wild horse park at the Wyman Museum.
• Approved, 3-0, a monthly treasurer's report.
• Approved, 3-0, a conditional use permit for Northwest Aggregates Construction Company for a gravel mining pit.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition from Jo Reed, of the human resources department, for two part-time crisis intervention specialists positions for the Youth Services Department.
• Approved, 3-0, an agreement with Bank of the West to provide the county with new commercial credit cards.
• Heard an update from Marie Peer of the social services department. Reviewed and approved January minutes and a community service block grant agreement. Presented a 2009 annual report, monthly reports. Discussed Medicaid.
• Approved, 3-0, a weed partnership agreement with Colorado Northwestern Community College in lieu of requested funds.
• Heard a teleconference presentation with David Lock of Tri-State Generation & Transmission to discuss carbon legislative initiatives.
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 23, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: approve minutes for Jan. 5 and 26, Feb. 11 and 23, and March 2, warrant resolution, bylaws for Moffat County Libraries Board of Trustees, U.S. Forest Service cooperative agreement, Moffat County Department of Social Services conflict and coverage legal services Tammy Stewart, intergovernmental agreement for operation of the Craig-Moffat Airport, contract with Diversified Consulting Solutions for engineering of the swinging bridge project.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Paula Reed of the early childhood council.
— Present proclamation for April as Month of the Young Child
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Ute Murray of the housing authority.
— Approve changes to exhibit B of the Section 8 housing authority voucher program.
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Suzanne Brinks of the assessor's office.
— Questar gas management abatement hearing.
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber of administration.
— Award invitation to bid for courthouse flooring.
— Adoption of credit card policies and procedures.
Craig City Council
Last met: March 9
• Approved, 7-0, a proclamation declaring the week of March 7 to 13 as Girl Scout week.
• Approved, 7-0, a proclamation declaring the week of Feb. 7 to 13 as Boy Scout Scouting Anniversary week.
• Approved, 7-0, a bid to purchase special undercover surveillance equipment for All Crimes Enforcement Team from Pro Tech in the amount of $8,285.
• Approved, 7-0, ordinance No. 1003 amending Title 8 concerning health and safety and Title 10 concerning vehicles and traffic of the Craig municipal code. Second reading.
• Approved, 6-0, ordinance No. 1004 adopting text amendments to the City of Craig municipal code, chapter 16, articles 3 and 7 to revise certain provisions of the land use code related to the development of land and land use regulations. Second Reading. Council member Byron Willems abstained.
• Tabled, 7-0, an intergovernmental agreement renewal with Moffat County concerning the Craig/Moffat County Airport to add additional conditions.
• Discussed the downtown street lights with the Craig Parks and Recreation Department director David Pike and the possibility of contracting to replace current street lights.
• Heard reports from the city manager and city attorney.
• Heard an annual report from the Craig Police Department.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 23, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve March 9 meeting minutes
• Approve February bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
— Renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for the Galaxy Restaurant, 524 Yampa Ave. No cause shown for denial.
— Renewal of the tavern liquor license for the Popular Bar, 24 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
— Approval of a special events permit for the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 for April 16 at the Moffat County Pavilion for a retirement event.
— Approval of an intergovernmental agreement with Moffat County concerning the Craig-Moffat County Airport.
• Other business:
— Reconsideration of bid award for the purchase of special undercover surveillance equipment for All Crimes Enforcement Team.
— Request for the purchase and installation of in-car cameras for the Craig Police Department.
Public Works Director Bill Earley will present an update on the waterline replacement project.
• Staff reports:
Finance Director Bruce Nelson will present the financial report for February.
Wastewater monthly report for February.
Water monthly report for February.
• City manager and city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments