Government update for March 19, 2011
March 19, 2011
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:40 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: Road maintenance permit for South Green River Road.
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda. During this time, the commission will conduct a safety meeting.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Judy Whilden, Moffat County Early Childhood Coalition
Present proclamation for Month of the Young Child
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
Present personnel requisitions for approval
Discuss vouchers for 9 Health Fair
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Lila Herod and Debbie Winder, of the clerk and recorder's office
Request waiving bid process for binding of real estate books
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Steve Powell, of DuBois Telephone
Discuss installation fees for underground telephone cables
• 10 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Kate Nowak, of Yampa Valley Partners
Present regional energy education plan
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of the natural resources department
Present March 2011 mineral lease sale for approval
Present permission letter for soil sampling on county parcel of land for signature
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Dave Fleming, of the Moffat County High School rodeo team
Discuss the possibility of extending the contract for hosting state high school rodeo championships at Moffat County Fairgrounds
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve March 8 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
Approve renewal of a hotel and restaurant liquor license for the Galaxy Restaurant at 524 Yampa Ave. No cause shown for denial.
Approval of renewal of a tavern liquor license for the Popular Bar at 24 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
Proclamation to designate April as Month of the Young Child
Request from Dave Fleming to provide city funding support for a bid to host the state high school finals rodeo in Craig in 2012 and 2013 in the amount of $2,500 per year
• Other business:
Award bid for pickups and beds for various city departments
• Staff reports:
Bruce Nelson, finance director, will present the month end financial report for February
Mark Sollenberger, water/wastewater director, will present the month end reports for January and February
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments