Government update for June 4
June 4, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: June 1Last met: June 1
Last met: June 1
• Approved, 2-0, voided warrant resolutions totaling $7,598.
• Approved, 2-0, a grant application with the Colorado Historical Society for a research project at the Medicine Wheel in Vermillion Canyon not to exceed $9,984 in funding from the state.
• Approved, 2-0, meeting minutes from April 13, 27 and 28 and May 11 and 18.
• Approved, 2-0, a core services program sexual abuse treatment services contract with Nancy Tanner of Grand Junction not to exceed $2,800.
• Approved, 2-0, a core services program intensive family therapy contract with Kari Billette of Steamboat Springs not to exceed $10,000.
• Approved, 2-0, a core services program day treatment alternative services contract with Colorado West Regional Mental Health not to exceed $83,155.
• Approved, 2-0, a state reimbursement grant from the Department of Local Affairs for the Moffat County Office of Emergency Management not to exceed $23,300.
• Approved, 2-0, an abatement petition for the Peroulis Brothers, LTD and a tax refund of $3,621 for collections in 2008 and 2009.
• Approved, 2-0, a personnel requisition for a part-time, seasonal maintenance employee for the parks and recreation department for maintenance at Sherman Youth Camp and Freeman Reservoir.
• Approved, 2-0, a resolution proclaiming June as wildfire awareness month.
Note: Commissioner Audrey Danner was absent.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory WayNext meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: Warrant resolutions, and social services department EFT and A/P
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Jeremy Snow, county attorney's office
— Discuss medical marijuana mortatorium
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack, of the road and bridge department
— Monthly reports
• 10 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 a.m. to noon. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of the planning and zoning department
— Action item: Clayton Minor Subdivision
— Discussion item: Zufelt road and alley action in Blue Mountain
• Noon to 1 p.m. Lunch break
• 1 to 2 p.m. Quarterly intergovernmental agency meeting
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council
Last met: May 25Last met: May 25
Last met: May 25
• Approved, 6-0, a request from the Craig Police Department for six computers from Dell totaling $6,302.08.
• Tabled the renewal of the 3.2 percent retail beer license for Loaf 'N Jug at 2441 W. Victory Way because no representative from the store was present.
• The Citizen's Academic Scholarship committee presented four, $500 academic scholarships to Amanda Browning, Jessie Gorley, Chelsea Mead and Theresia Doloksaribu.
• Heard a presentation about the water service at 600 and 610 Pershing Street from Yvonne Gustin and Yvonne McAnally.
• Heard a financial report for the month of April from Finance Director Bruce Nelson.
• Heard a monthly report for the water and wastewater department.
• Heard an update from Darcy Trask of the Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership.
Note: Councilor Byron Willems was absent.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve May 25 meeting minutes
• Approve May bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
— Renew 3.2 percent beer retail liquor license for Mini Mart, Inc. (Loaf 'N Jug No. 869) at 2441 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
— Renewal of the retail liquor store license for Lariat Liquor LLC at 391 Lincoln St. No cause shown for denial.
• Other business:
— Ordinance No. 1005 — An ordinance for the regulation of traffic; amending the Craig Municipal Code; adopting by reference the 2010 edition of the Model Traffic Code for Colorado Municipalities with the exception of Section 1409(9); repealing all ordinances in conflict therewith; and providing penalties for violation thereof. First reading.
— Resolution No. 8 — A resolution adopting a red flag policy and identity theft prevention program as required by the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 as amended.
• Staff reports:
— May 2010 Police Department report
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments