Government update for July 3
July 3, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: June 29
• Approved, 3-0, a Gulfport Energy Corp. division order for Museum of Northwest Colorado mineral lease royalties.
• Approved, 3-0, voided warrant resolutions for the month of June totaling $7,862.50.
• Approved, 3-0, resolution 2010-67, which reaffirms the county's "commitment to excellence in the provision of human services and child welfare," "enhancing the accountability of both state and local governments' management," and "locally-administered human services system."
• Approved, 3-0, to sign a state Senate resolution regarding the Maj. William Adams Medal of Honor Highway.
• Approved, 3-0, its supplemental budget for June.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for a full-time, budgeted social services caseworker.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for a part-time, temporary custodial technician for the Moffat County Fairgrounds to work up to 80 hours over two weeks.
• Approved, 3-0, a amendment to county personnel health care coverage for preventative care to be fully paid, with no co-pay.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid recommendation to award engineering services at the Moffat County landfill to Weaver Boos consultants of Greenwood Village totaling $17,788.50 through 2010.
• Approved, 3-0, a request to waive the bid process for drop cables for the Swinging Bridge project and to secure quotes on the project.
• Approved, 3-0, to sign regional pre-hospital care provider license renewals.
• Heard an EMS council update from Tom Soos, Moffat County emergency services director.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolution, and contract for Section 8 housing voucher program through 2011.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Elaine Sullivan of the clerk and recorders office.
— Present request from Wyman Museum for a special event liquor license.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Carol Scott of the assessor's office.
— May abatement hearing.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber of administration.
— Present final settlement to Behrman Construction for construction of Loudy-Sipmson Park soccer fields restrooms.
• 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion about Vermillion Basin.
— Consider letter to the public.
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Break
• 10:30 a.m. to Noon. Discussion with county attorney Jeremy Snow.
— Possible executive session to be requested for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions regarding Griffin-Hadden v. Moffat County.