Government update for July 10
July 10, 2010
Craig City Council
Last Met: June 23
• Approved, 5-0, to renew the 3.2 percent retail beer license for Pizza Hut, 1070 W. Victory way.
• Approved, 5-0, to renew the retail liquor license for Eastside Liquor, 539 E. Victory Way.
• Approved, 5-0, to renew the tavern liquor license for Thunder Rolls Bowling Center, 990 Industrial Ave.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 5-0, a special events permit for the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 for a wedding reception at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion on July 17.
• Approved, 5-0, to award a bid recommendation for a new animal control vehicle to Craig Ford totaling $24,180.50 and to award a bid recommendation for an attached animal carrying unit to Bowie International totaling $16,611.88.
• Approved, 5-0, to award city asphalt work to Connell Resources for $131,999.35 and to add an additional four gravel streets for paving totaling $56,000.
• Approved, 5-0, to award city curb and gutter work to Osmun Inc., totaling $28,589.
• Approved, 5-0, ordinance No. 1005 for the regulation of traffic amending the Craig municipal code and adopting the 2010 edition of the "Model Traffic Code for Colorado Municipalities" with the exception of Section 1409. Second reading.
Note: Council members Byron Willems and Ray Beck were absent from the meeting.
The Craig City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. today in council chambers of Craig City Hall.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve June 22 meeting minutes
• Approve June bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
— Renewal of tavern liquor license for Mathers' Bar, Inc.
— Re-appointment of Sid Arola to planning and zoning commission
— Proclamation of disability awareness week.
— Darcy Trask presentation of business survey results and update on Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership.
• Other business:
— Ordinance No. 1006 to submit a ballot question to city voters of whether city should collect a 6.9-percent lodging tax in Craig.
— Craig lodging group presentation of petition regarding proposed lodging tax.
— Review bids for Craig/Moffat airport runway project.
— Award of bid for 2010 Steele and 4th street curb and gutter project.
— Award of bid for the 2010 water plant site improvements.
— Resolution No. 9 amending article 14 of the City of Craig personnel policies manual.
• Staff reports:
— Craig police department monthly report for June
• City manager/city attorney reports
— City attorney report regarding political signs.
• Council reports
• Audience comments
Moffat County Commissioners
Last Met: July 6
• Approved, 3-0, payroll warrants ending June 26 totaling $421,498.82.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract renewal for the Section 8 Housing Voucher program through 2011.
• Approved, 3-0, a special event liquor license for the Wyman Museum for the Colorado State BBQ Championship for Aug. 27 and 28.
• Denied, 3-0, a petition for abatement from Ruben May on his 2009 property evaluation.
• Approved, 3-0, a final settlement for Behrman Construction for construction of Loudy-Simpson Park soccer field restrooms totaling $72,822.05.
• Approved, 3-0, to go into executive session with county attorney Jeremy Snow and natural resources director Jeff Comstock to receive legal advice regarding Griffin-Hadden v. Moffat County.
• Approved, 3-0, a letter to the public outlining the reasons the commission supports a 1-percent natural gas drilling management plan in Vermillion Basin.
The Moffat County Commissioners will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the commissioner chambers of the Moffat County Courthouse.
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: meeting minutes from April 20, May 4, 25 and June 10, monthly treasurer's report, letter to the BLM regarding free use permit for refuge pit No. 1, social services department payroll and electronic funds transfer.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
— Safety meeting
• 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with county attorney Jeremy Snow.
— Discuss medical marijuana moratorium.
• 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Suzanne Brinks of the assessor's office.
— Present assessed value of county to date.
— Present tax protests filed and action taken.
• 9:45 a.m. to 10 a.m. Discussion with Lynnette Running of human resources.
— Present personnel requisition for approval.
• 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack of the road and bridge department.
— Present landfill engineering contract with Weaver-Boos for signature.
— Present monthly reports.
• 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Darcy Trask of the Craig/Moffat Economic Partnership Development.
— EDP update.
— "Listening to business" update.
• 11:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 a.m. to Noon Discussion with Jerry Hoberg of the planning and zoning department.
— Clayton minor subdivision.
— Pietrick exemption.
— Entek GRB LLC conditional use permit.
• Noon to 1 p.m. Lunch break
• 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg of the planning and zoning department.
— Finalization of the Zufelt road vacation request.