Government update for July 1
June 30, 2006
Moffat County Commissioners
- Commissioners voted to ban fires in unincorporated Moffat County.
- Commissioners voted to postpone any business that would take place at next Tuesday’s meeting until the following week. Next Tuesday is the Fourth of July.
- Commissioners voted to deny Wexpro Company’s petition for abatement or refund of taxes for property tax years 2004 and 2005.
- Commissioners approved the supplemental budget for June, which includes a $33,000 expenditure for Shadow Mountain Clubhouse’s utilities.
- Commissioners approved a personnel requisition for a cook at the Moffat County Jail.
- Commissioners appointed Undersheriff Jerry Hoberg to the Moffat County Retirement Board.
- Commissioners appointed Tara Jenrich, Marie Peer and Tom Gray to the Juvenile Services Planning Commission.
- Commissioners reappointed Gina Golden, Marie Peer, Bonnie Roesink, Tara Jenrich, Christine Villard, Walt Vanatta, Buddy Grinstead, Dennis Martinez, Bill Toovey, Nicole Beckum and Tom Gray to the Community Evaluation Team.
- Commissioners approved a rental agreement between Wagner Equipment and the Road and Bridge Department for equipment for a project on Moffat County Road 4.
- Commissioners met with representatives from the Yampa Valley Regional Airport. Airport officials are trying to raise money for improved surveillance. Commissioners did not pledge any money, but said they would take the issue under consideration.
Commissioners will not meet this week.