Government update for Jan. 9
January 9, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Craig — Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 12, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:40 a.m. Appointment of commission chair for 2010
• 8:40 to 8:50 a.m. Consent agenda
— Approve Oct. 27 and Dec. 22 and 29 meeting minutes
— Warrant resolution
— Resolution for 2010 official newspaper
— Resolution for 2010 printing and stationery supplies
— Credit application for Diesel Performance of Grand Junction
• 8:50 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Announce board seat appointments
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Announce commission ex-officio positions
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. County Attorney Kathleen Taylor
— Possible executive session to be requested under C.R.S. Section 24-6-402(4)(b): conference with county attorney for the purpose of receiving legal advice on specific legal questions: Pending litigation on County Road47
10 to 10:15 a.m. Treasurer Robert Razzano
— Request waiving bid process for treasurer's software package
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Human Resources Department, Lynnette Running
— Personnel requisition
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Road and Bridge Department, Bill Mack and Linda DeRose
Discuss senior snow plow requests
Craig City Council
Next meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 12, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
5:30 p.m. Public workshop on the Colorado Bureau of Investigation review of the All Crimes Enforcement Team.
7:30 p.m. Council Meeting
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approval of Dec. 8, 2009, meeting minutes
• Approval of December bills
• Approval of agenda
• Consent agenda
— Approval of the renewal of the Tavern liquor license for the VFW Post #4265 at 419 East Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
— Approval of the renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for the Holiday Inn of Craig at 300 S. Colorado Highway 13. No cause shown for denial.
— Approval of a special events permit for the Craig Rotary Club for the Diamonds & Spurs Dinner Dance at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion on Jan. 23, 2010.
— Consideration of appointments to the Craig/Moffat County Airport board.
• Other business
— Consideration of the purchase of the sludge pond land.
— Resolution No. 1 (2010) ~ a resolution designating a public place for posting notice of any meeting as required under the open meetings law.
— Resolution No. 2 (2010) ~ a resolution declaring the Craig Daily Press as the official newspaper of the City of Craig, Colo.
— Resolution No. 3 (2010) ~ a resolution authorizing tastings, pursuant to CRS 12-47-301(10).
• Staff reports
— Police Department monthly report.
— Water Department monthly report.
— Wastewater Department monthly report.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments