Government update for Jan. 25 and 26
January 25, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Jan. 19
• Approved, 2-0, the passing of documents including a warrant resolution, letters of support for the Colorado Transit Coalition, a Core Service Program Contract for Sexual Abuse Treatment services and amendments to the Hart annual license and support agreement
• Discussed the national political scene, specifically the Massachusetts election to fill the Senate seat left vacant by the late U.S. Sen. Ted Kennedy.
Commissioner Tom Mathers said the November general election date would be "one of the most important days in American politics" because of the election's effect on health care reform, for which Kennedy was a supporter.
• Approved, 2-0, appointments requested by the Youth Services Department for the Crisis Evaluation Team and Juvenile Services Planning Commission.
Recommended Stories For You
The group works to prevent a rise in juvenile delinquency and child runaways.
Appointees included Elizabeth Oldham, 14th Judicial District Attorney; K.C. Hume, Moffat County Sheriff's Office investigator; Marie Peer, Moffat County Social Services director; and county commissioner Tom Gray.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolutions; CDOT HUTF mileage certification; contract for conflict attorney services; and adopt courthouse emergency evacuation plan.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Announce open seat selection to The Memorial Hospital board.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
Present personnel requisition for approval
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Elected officials monthly reports
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Ken Uecker, of the Moffat County Sheriff's Office
Present bid recommendation for new transport vehicle
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Break
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with county attorney Kathleen Taylor, and American Legion Post 62 representatives
Present documents for sale of Shadow Mountain Clubhouse to American Legion
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with representatives from the Northwest Colorado Snowmobile Club
Request renewal of trail grooming maintenance agreement for county roads
*The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council
Next meeting: Tuesday, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call, Pledge of Allegiance
• Approve Jan. 12 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
Request for approval of a site plan for a professional building at 415 Green St., by Bruce Tinberg, dba Casa De Chupita, Inc.
Schedule a public hearing on Feb. 23 to consider a zone change for properties located east of Haughey Road and north of East Victory Way to the city limit boundary, as recommended by the city's Planning Commission.
Reappointment of Jim Meineke and Mike Tucci to the city's Planning and Zoning Commission for another term.
Paula Reed will appear before the council to give an update on Moffat County Youth Services.
• Other business:
Award bid for chemicals for 2010 for water/wastewater departments.
Award bid for 2010 computers to Dell Computers for three desktop work stations.
Consider approval of an audit proposal for 2009, 2010 and 2011 audits.
Resolution No. 4, adopting by reference the Colorado Model Municipal Records Retention Schedule.
• Staff reports
• City manager/city attorney reports