Government update for Feb. 6, 2010
February 6, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Feb. 2
• Approved, 3-0, a contract renewal with Craig Mental Health to provide the Moffat County Jail with mental health services in 2010 for $8,500.
• Approved, 3-0, a warrant resolution to pay various debts to services such as road and bridge, retirement and social services totaling $400, 986.42.
• Approved, 3-0, conditions for donation of space and services to the U.S. Census Bureau from the Social Services Department at 595 Breeze Street.
• Approved, 3-0, a Division of Wildlife impact assistance grant application of $2,029.81 to the Moffat County School District.
Recommended Stories For You
• Heard from Allan Reishus, who requested a letter of support from the county commission to include with his application for an open seat on the Colorado Wildlife Commission.
The commission agreed to interview Reishus on his qualifications at a later date and also to consider any other Moffat County applicants seeking letters of support.
Tuesday, Feb. 9, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolution; agreement with Raftopoulos brothers for water usage; storm water annual reports.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda. Appoint Owen Grant to cemetery board.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of Human Resources Department.
Present personnel requisition for approval.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Kelly Patterson, of Youth Services Department.
Present rural collaborative interagency agreement with Huerfano County human services.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Craig Youth Hockey Association
Discuss Ice Arena fees.
• 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack, of the Road and Bridge Department.
Present monthly reports.
• 10:15 to 11:00 a.m. Break
• 11:00 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with Ute Murray, of the housing authority.
Present contract for Section Eight housing vouchers.
• 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg
Present Kline Exemption
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings.
Craig City Council
Last met: Jan. 27
• Approved, 6-0, the request for a site plan for a professional building at 415 Green St.
• Approved, 6-0, the reappointment of Jim Meineke and Mike Tucci to the city of Craig Planning and Zoning Commission for a new term.
• Approved, 6-0, a bid for chemicals for 2010 for the water and wastewater departments.
• Approved, 6-0, a bid for three desktop computer workstations to Dell Computers for $4,481.40.
• Approved, 6-0, a proposal for independent audits of funds for the years 2009, 2010 and 2011 from the firm Poysti & Adams.
Tuesday, Feb. 9, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• 5:30 p.m. Workshop:
Report from Timothy Leary on Craig Police Department internal affairs investigation
• 7:30 p.m. Regular meeting
• Roll call, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve Jan. 26 meeting minutes
• Approve January bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
Approve renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for Cugino's, 572 Breeze St. No cause shown for denial.
Approve a special events liquor license for Grand Olde West Days at the Moffat County Fairgrounds and the city parking lot at the 400 block of Yampa Ave.
• Other business:
Award bid for 2010 construction materials
Award bid for a refuse cab, chassis and automated side load collection body.
Request for approval of replacement of carpet at the Moffat County Public Safety Center in the police department's administrative area.
Ordinance No. 1002, a supplemental appropriation ordinance to carryover budgeted 2009 projects or commitments not accomplished in 2009 into the 2010 budget.
• Staff reports
Police department monthly report
Water department monthly report
Wastewater department monthly report
• City manager and city attorney Reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments