Government update for Feb. 5, 2011
February 5, 2011
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:40 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: approve Jan. 25 and Jan. 28 meeting minutes; contract for tutoring services and GED preparation; workforce board appointments resolution; and certification and quarterly report of public trustee.
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the road and bridge department
Request approval of temporary road closure resolution for Moffat County Road 75P
Discuss landfill special waste profiling
Discuss landfill vouchers
Senior citizens application for snow removal
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discuss Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership comprehensive strategic economic development plan
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of the human resources department
Present personnel requisition for approval
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve Jan. 25 meeting minutes
• Approve January bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
Approve renewal of the tavern liquor license for the Golden Cavvy Restaurant & Lounge at 538 Yampa Ave. No cause shown for denial.
• Other business:
Award bid for 2011 construction materials
Award bid for two 10-foot dump beds and for two single axle truck cab and chassis for the road and bridge department.
Award bid for three special service vehicles for the police department
Ordinance No. 1013 — A supplemental appropriation ordinance to carry over budgeted 2010 projects or commitments not accomplished in 2010 into the 2011 budget. First reading.
Geokinetics, Inc. & Gulfport Energy will discuss proposed geological surveys via seismic sounding of the subsurface of Craig property located in the county.
• Staff reports:
January month end report for the police department
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments