Government update for Feb. 27, 2010
February 27, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Feb. 23
• Approved, 3-0, warrant resolutions for the month of February totaling $328,564.73.
• Approved, 3-0, a monthly treasurer's report.
• Approved, 3-0, a Department of Local Affairs certification of compliance for the Moffat County Sheriff's Office.
• Approved, 3-0, an intergovernmental agreement for operation of the Craig/Moffat County Airport between the city of Craig and Moffat County.
• Approved, 3-0, an amendment to Affiliated Computer Services service and rental agreement with the treasurer's office for printers.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract totaling $1,500 for online EDEN accounting system training.
• Approved, 3-0, an ALL DATA database subscription purchase agreement with the Road and Bridge Department.
• Approved, 3-0, a sand and gravel lease with Kennecott Colorado Coal Company.
• Approved, 3-0, a resolution authorizing The Memorial Hospital board to negotiate and execute a lease with the U.S. Veterans Administration.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid from Desert Mountain Corporation to supply the Road and Bridge Department with magnesium chloride for dirt roads.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid from Craig Ford for the sheriff's office to purchase an SUV patrol vehicle in the amount of $20,561.84.
• Approved, 3-0, a revised Moffat County employee handbook.
• Approved, 3-0, a resolution to allow off-highway vehicles to operate on all Moffat County roads.
• Approved, 3-0, to allocate the remaining 50 percent of revenue received from national forest payments to the Moffat County School District in the amount of $25,996.19.
• Heard a presentation from John Conley on the Statewide Internet Portal Authority.
• Heard an elected officials report.
• Approved a letter to U.S. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar regarding the Vermillion Basin.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolution, resolution for establishment of fees and rates for 2010, electronic benefits transfer and payroll for the Social Services Department.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the Road and Bridge Department.
— Present bid recommendations for the swinging bridge strand solicitation and cattle guard iron.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Ute Murray, of the Housing Authority.
— Present contract for the Section 8 housing voucher program.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the Road and Bridge Department.
— Present requests to waive bid process for hydraulic breaker for a backhoe and the engineering of the Swinging Bridge project.