Government update for Dec. 8, 2012
December 8, 2012
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:40 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: Moffat County Department of Social Services amended copier service contract, treasurer's monthly report, and engineering services agreement with Armstrong Consulting.
• 8:40 to 8:55 a.m. General discussion:
Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 8:55 to 9 a.m. Discussion with Audrey Danner, Moffat County Commissioner
— Discuss letter of support for broadband to the National Telecommunications Information Administration.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Mindy Curtis, of the finance department
— Present final 2013 budget for approval.
— Present resolution dissolving the Moffat County Federal Mineral Lease District.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Ray Beck, of the Craig/Moffat County Airport advisory council
— Discuss board reappointment.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Rebecca Tyree, Moffat County attorney
— Discuss exemptions to county sales tax and consider signing a resolution.
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge
— Present monthly reports.
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, natural resources director
— Consider joining neighboring counties in oil shale environmental impact study protest.
• 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Board of Health quarterly meeting
— Dr. Scott Ellis, Moffat County medical advisor.
— EMS medical director.
— Tom Soos, Moffat County EMS director.
— Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association.
— George Rohrich, CEO at The Memorial Hospital in Craig.
— Discussion about Marijuana, Amendment 64 and community implications.
— Core public health services rule making with the Colorado State Board of Health.
— Discussion about Colorado county health rankings.
• 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of planning and zoning
— Present Haskins conditional use permit.
• 11:45 to Noon Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
— Present personnel requisition for approval.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.