Government update for Dec. 26, 2009
December 26, 2009
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Dec. 22
• Approved, 2-0, raising most usage fees at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion by $25. The only exception is the fee for washing dishes, which remains $25.
The county also will now charge a flat $75 clean-up fee to renters.
• Discussed a plan to change possessory interest tax collections with state Rep. Randy Baumgardner, R-Hot Sulphur Springs.
Baumgardner said he hopes to add some form of exemption to the tax for those who pay small amounts.
Recommended Stories For You
Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 29
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:40 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolutions; DTF resolution; Resolution for 2010 official holidays; IGA with the town of Dinosaur for law enforcement services; motor vehicle lease with town of Dinosaur for law enforcement services.
• 8:40 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration
— Present December budget supplemental
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Elaine Sullivan, of the Clerk's Office
— Special Events Permits
— Final Hearing for St. John's Greek Church
— Wyman Museum
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Dan Davidson, of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
— Request waiving of bid process for security monitoring
• 10:00 to 10:30 a.m. Elected officials monthly reports
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Suzanne Brinks, of the Assessor's Office
— Present contract for ValueWest professional services