Government update for Dec. 12, 2009
December 12, 2009
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Dec. 8
• Denied, 2-1, a personnel requisition to hire a new executive director for the Moffat County Tourism Association.
Commissioners Tom Mathers and Tom Gray voted to deny the request, and Commissioner Audrey Danner voted against their rejection.
Mathers and Gray said they were not casting judgment about whether MCTA should have a new director but that they wanted to allow the group's upcoming new board to choose whether it wanted a director and what duties the position would entail.
New MCTA board members take their seats Jan. 1.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 3-0, two other personnel requisitions.
The first was for a grounds facility technician for the parks and recreation department. The job is budgeted for and is part-time and seasonal.
The second is for a full-time heavy equipment operator for the Moffat County Road Department. It is not a new position.
• Approved, 3-0, a motion allowing the Moffat County Landfill to close at noon Dec. 24.
• Approved, 3-0, a $4,444.80 bid from Silt-based Custom Structural Steel for galvanized bridge decking for the county road department. It was the low bid submitted.
Tuesday, Dec. 15 at the Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Approve meeting minutes for Aug. 4 and 25; Sept. 15; Oct. 13; and Nov. 3
— Warrant resolution
— A/P Signature Report
— TANF Transportation Subsidy contract
— Amendment to Termo oil and gas leases
— DOLA Energy Impact Grant amendment
— Weber farming lease
— Monthly Treasurer's report
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion. Note the commission may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 10 a.m. Administration, Tinneal Gerber
— Adopt and appropriate 2010 Budget
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Clerk's Office, Elaine Sullivan
— Final hearing for St. John's Greek Orthodox Church special event permit
• 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Social Services Department, Marie Peer
— Review Oct. 13 and Nov 10 meeting minutes for revision or approval
— Moffat County/Social Services MOU for legal services
— Colorado Works proposed policy update
— Public hearing about the Community Services Block Grant 2010-2011 plan
— Monthly reports
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. County Attorney, Kathleen Taylor
— Discussion and possible decision regarding a medical marijuana moratorium