Government update for Dec. 1
December 5, 2009
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Dec. 1
• Approved, 2-0, a special events permit for the St. John's Greek Orthodox Church to host a New Year's Eve party from 7 p.m. to midnight Dec. 31 at the American Legion Post 62 building, 1055 Moffat County Road 7.
• Approved, 2-0, a $228,536 bid from Pinnacol Assurance to supply the county's workman's compensation insurance in 2010. It was the low bid submitted.
• Approved, 2-0, a personnel requisition to hire a Moffat County Sheriff's Office deputy for Dinosaur. The position is full-time.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 2-0, waiving the bid process to purchase digital audio and video recording equipment for the interview rooms at the Moffat County Jail.
Grand Junction-based Current Solutions will provide the equipment, which will cost $11,743. About a quarter of the total is funded by the city.
Sheriff Tim Jantz said the county would lose its grant money if the project is not completed by the end of December, which is why he wanted to forgo a formal bid process that can take more than a month.
Some of his staff also called other vendors, Jantz said, but they either could not provide the materials or wanted to charge expensive travel costs.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 8
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:40 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: approve Oct. 22, Nov. 10 and 24 meeting minutes; warrant resolution; credit application for Roscoe Steel & Culvert Co.; court security grant; social services department EBT & A/P; application for Colorado Northwestern Community College digital trunked radio system.
• 8:40 to 8:55 a.m. Phone conference with state Sen. Al White
• 8:55 to 9:15 a.m. General discussion. Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of the human resources department
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the road and bridge department
— Monthly reports
• 10 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 a.m. to noon. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of planning and zoning
McIntosh replat — S-09-05 — Final
Zufelt Road/Alley Vacation in Blue Mountain — Resolution No. 2009-88
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.