Government Update for August 21
August 21, 2010
Moffat County CommissionMoffat County Commission
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Aug. 17
• Approved, 2-0, payroll warrant resolutions ending Aug. 8 totaling $683,379.15.
• Approved, 2-0, voided warrants for the month of August totaling $1,346.35.
• Approved, 2-0, department of social services electronic funds transfer and payroll totaling $298,736.65.
• Approved, 2-0, a budget supplemental, which had no change to the contingency.
• Approved, 2-0, a personnel requisition for the sheriff's office for a regular, part-time master control operator at the Moffat County Jail, an existing position.
• Approved, 2-0, a personnel requisition for the sheriff's office for a regular, full-time Dinosaur contract deputy with the stipulation that the current compensation contract stay in place.
• Approved, 2-0, a personnel requisition for the department of social services for a regular, full-time, level one social caseworker, an existing position.
• Approved, 2-0, a personnel requisition for the department of social services for an occasional, part-time level three social caseworker for up to $5,000 in total salary.
• Approved, 2-0, to sign resolution No. 2010-80 to support the Associated Governments of Northwest Colorado's petition for a judicial review of the Air Quality Commission's denial of an early request to comment on certain emissions reduction plans pursuant to Colorado House Bill 10-1365.
Note: Commissioner Tom Mathers was absent from the meeting.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Aug. 24, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 9 to 9:05 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 9:05 to 9:15 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: fiduciary insurance renewal form; state electrical inspector's office yearly lease; Qwest telecommunications contract; airport runway maintenance project change order and notice to proceed; uncollectible taxes report; five-county intergovernmental agreement concerning joint cooperation for child welfare; substance abuse and mental health core services.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. General discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Suzanne Brinks of the assessor's office.
— Present abstract of 2010 assessment for signature
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Lynnette Running of the human resources department.
— Present personnel requisition for approval.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer of the social services department.
— Review June 22 and Aug. 8 minutes for revision or approval
— Child welfare white papers
— Caseload trends
— Monthly reports
• 10:30 to Noon Discussion with county attorney Jeremy Snow and Tinneal Gerber of administration.
— Possible executive session regarding the negotiation of the Moffat County Public Safety Center lease to receive specific legal advice.
Craig City CouncilCraig City Council
Craig City Council
Last met: Tuesday, Aug. 10
• Approved, 5-0, July 27 meeting minutes.
• Approved, 5-0, July bills totaling $474,725.23.
• Denied, 5-0, renewing the 3.2-percent beer retail license for City Market, 505 W. Victory Way. No one from City Market appeared at the meeting.
• Approved, 5-0, a special events permit for the Northwest Colorado Chapter of Parrotheads for Art in the Parking Lot on Sept. 18 at 150 E. Victory Way.
• Approved, 5-0, reappointing Sid Arola to the planning and zoning commission.
• Approved, 5-0, a change to an LLC for Casa Loya Mexican restaurant at 351 Ranney St.
• Tabled a second reading of ordinance No. 1006, concerning submitting a ballot question of whether the city should collect a 6.9 percent lodging tax.
• Heard July's monthly report from the Craig Police Department.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 24, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve Aug. 10 meeting minutes
• Approval of agenda
• Consent agenda
— Renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor store license for the Best Western Deer Park Inn & Suites at 262 Commerce St. No cause shown for denial.
— Renewal of the 3.2-percent beer retail license for City Market at 505 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
• Other business
— Bid award for the purchase of a truck mounted vacuum street sweeper for the road and bridge department.
— Bid award for the purchase of a complete truck mounted street flusher for the road and bridge department.
— Ordinance No. 1006, concerning submitting a ballot question of whether the city should collect a 6.9 percent lodging tax. Second reading.
— Ordinance No. 1007, amending the Craig municipal code section 6.20.010 to conform to the section title. First reading.
• Staff reports
— Finance director Bruce Nelson will present a financial report for July.
— Monthly report from the water department.
— Monthly report from the wastewater department.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments
• Executive session to discuss the lease of the Moffat County Public Safety Center and to conference with city attorney Kenny Wohl to receive legal advice with respect to the lease.
Craig Planning and Zoning CommissionCraig Planning and Zoning Commission
Craig Planning and Zoning Commission
Next meeting: Monday, Aug. 23, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
5:30 p.m. Work session
6:00 p.m. Regular meeting
• Call to order
• Roll call
• Approval of minutes from Jan. 18 and Feb. 15 meetings.
• New business
— Lonnie and Lorraine Kawcak, doing business as MJK Sales and Feed, requesting approval of a site plan for hardware and feed and lumber building on Lot 1 of Sawer Replat
— Audience comments
• Old business
• Commission reports
• Staff reports