Government Update for August 14
August 14, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Wednesday, Aug. 11
• Approved, 3-0, a five-county core services program mental health services contract with Amy Goodwin of Steamboat Springs not to exceed $7,500.
• Approved, 3-0, a five-county core services program for mental health services second addendum with Rita Rhodes of Oak Creek increasing the contract to $21,677 from $20,000.
• Approved, 3-0, four oil and gas division orders for royalty interests with Quicksilver Resources Inc., Entek GRB LLC and J.W. Operating Company.
• Approved, 3-0, a consent agreement to assign interests in certain oil and gas leases with Samson Resources Company to Gulfport Energy Corporation.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for two, part-time, assistant night manager back-up positions for the social services department.
• Approved, 3-0, the Cook exemption, in which 6.416 acres of land will be exempted off an 186-acre parcel.
• Approved, 3-0, waiving the bid process and contracting with Diversified Thermal Services Inc., of Anaheim, Calif., for an assessment of the Ice Arena cooling system.
• Heard a monthly report from Bill Mack of the road and bridge department.
• Discussed a health integration grant with Barbara West of social services. The grant is being requested by Connections 4 Kids from the Colorado Trust for $42,000 a year for three years to increase education and access for preventative oral health care for young children.
• Discussed the recent sale of Bresnan Communications to New York-based Cablevision Systems and options the county has regarding the acquisition with county attorney Jeremy Snow.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolutions, treasurer's report, social services department electronic funds transfer and payroll.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber of administration.
— Present budget supplemental for approval
• 9:15 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Lynnette Running of human resources.
— Present two personnel requisitions for approval
• 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock of natural resources
— Present letter regarding Colorado House Bill 10-1365 for consideration.