Government update for Aug. 28
August 28, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Tuesday, Aug. 24
• Approved, 3-0, a fiduciary insurance renewal form with Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services, Inc. for one year starting Sept. 1.
• Approved, 3-0, a yearly office lease with the state electrical inspector's office totaling $1,200.
• Approved, 3-0, a Qwest telecommunications contract for a line volume plan with eligible participants.
• Approved, 3-0, a change order and notice to proceed for the runway maintenance project at the Craig-Moffat County Airport for $10,171.20 bringing the contract total with Hi-Lite Markings to $108,415.60
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 3-0, an uncollectible taxes report totaling $3,112.92 as of July 31.
• Approved, 3-0, a five-county intergovernmental agreement concerning joint cooperation for child welfare, substance abuse and mental health core services totaling $37,500 for substance abuse and $132,498 for mental health.
• Approved, 3-0, and inter-county cooperative agreement for provision of LEAP program services between the Moffat County Social Services Department and the Rio Blanco County Social Services Department.
• Approved, 3-0, a memorandum of understanding with Yates Petroleum Corporation of Artesia, N.M., and the Moffat County Road and Bridge Department for road improvements on county roads 108 and 109. Moffat County will provide pit run rock, road base and cattle guards and Yates will provide labor and culverts.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition for the social services department for a self-sufficiency case manager, an existing, part-time position to increase the position's hours to 30 or 40 a week from 20 hours per week.
• Approved, 3-0, meeting minutes from the social services department for June 22 and Aug. 8.
• Approved, 3-0, a subscription agreement for legal case access services for the county attorney's office with LexisNexis for $65 per month.
• Approved, 3-0, to enter into executive session to discuss lease negotiations for the Moffat County Public Safety Center and receive legal advice.
• Signed an abstract of the 2010 assessment for signature from the assessor's office, which indicated the county's total assessed value at $473,376,809.
• Heard a monthly report and discussed caseload trends and child welfare white papers with Marie Peer of the social services department.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: meeting minutes from March 16, April 6, June 1, 15, July 6, 27, and Aug. 17; warrant resolution; contract for repairs on Loudy-Simpson Park Ice Arena equipment with DTSI; and intergovernmental agreement contract with Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for public nursing services.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose of the road and bridge department.
— Present bid recommendation on bridge decking
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber of administration.
— Present bid recommendation for the Moffat County Public Safety Center roof
— Present bid recommendation for the north annex roof
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Jennifer Riley of the county website committee
— SIPA/county website update.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discuss repairs to the Loudy-Simpson Park Ice Arena equipment
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Break
• 10:30 to Noon. Discussion with county attorney Jeremy Snow.
— Possible executive session regarding the negotiation of the Moffat County Public Safety Center lease including receiving specific legal advice.