Government update for April 3
April 3, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: March 30
• Approved, 3-0, payroll warrant resolutions ending March 20 for $405,661.48.
• Approved, 3-0, minutes for the Jan. 12, Feb. 2 and 16, and March 24 meetings.
• Approved, 3-0, a proclamation declaring April to be the Month of the Young Child.
• Approved, 3-0, an early childhood facilitation and technical assistance contract not to exceed $12,000 for the Early Childhood Council.
• Approved, 3-0, lease renewal for mining, use and sale of sand and gravel with the Villard family.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid recommendation to purchase two, three-quarter ton trucks totaling $44,530, and a van for $25,756 from Craig Ford.
• Tabled, 3-0, a bid recommendation for crack-seal materials.
• Tabled, 3-0, a bid recommendation for engineering services for the landfill.
• Tabled, 3-0, a vehicle bid recommendation for the weed and pest department for a truck.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid recommendation from Adapco for a fogger for the weed and pest department for $7,395.
• Approved, 3-0, a bid recommendation for four various chemicals from Sydner and Counts Feed & Seed totaling $70,062.04.
• Approved, 3-0, an abatement petition for Randy and Joy Booco.
• Approved, 3-0, a request to waive the bid process for landfill and scale software.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolution; early childhood facilitation and technical assistance contract; equitable sharing agreement and technical certification between sheriff's office and department of justice.
• General discussion.
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the road and bridge department
Present bid recommendations for snow plow trucks and concrete rebar for swinging bridge project.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration
Award bid for lawn mowing service
Award bid for Loudy-Simpson Park concessions
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Kate Nowak, of Yampa Valley Partners
Present invitation to Energy Summit
Present governor's energy office update
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Gary Brannan, of the weed and pest department
Award truck bid
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of the human resources department
Present HIPPAA privacy statement for signature
Present life insurance amendments for signature
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.