Government Update for April 23: Moffat County Commission meeting
April 23, 2012
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda: — Review and sign the following documents: resolution for transfer of payment warrants; resolution for payment of payroll warrants; landfill Clean-Up Days resolution; and contract for the purchase of core mental health services.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion: — Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge — Present bid recommendations for 2012 asphalt projects
• 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Moffat County Attorney Jeremy Snow — Discuss federal mineral lease district.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of natural resources — Discuss joint county oil shale resolution
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Melody Villard, of the Moffat County Tourism Association, and Jan Gerber and Mary Pat Dunn, of the Museum of Northwest Colorado — Discuss Norman Rockwell exhibit town challenge The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve April 10 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda • Consent agenda
• Other business: — General discussion of lease negotiations with Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 — Fire Tower presentation by Byron Willems
• Staff reports: — Month end financial report. — Water and waster water monthly reports.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments