Government update for April 12
April 12, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Next meeting: today, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolution; seven, five-county core services mental health program contracts; five-county core services Life Skills program contract; core services substance abuse services contract addendum; courthouse flooring contract; social services department payroll; landfill software and fairbanks scale indicator; lawn mowing services contract; Colorado Works program substance abuse services addendum.
• 8:45 to 8:55 a.m. General discussion.
Recommended Stories For You
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
— Safety meeting
• 8:55 to 9 a.m. Announce Moffat County Tourism Association board seat selections.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Ted Lindtveit, of Colorado Technical Services, Inc.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tammy Seela, of the parks and recreation department.
— Award bid for Loudy-Simpson Park soccer field restroom construction.
• 9:30 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the road and bridge department.
— Present bid recommendation for concrete work on Brown's Park swinging bridge project.
— Monthly report.
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of the human resources department.
— Present personnel requisition.
• 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of the natural resources department, and county attorney Kathleen Taylor.
— Discuss possible hiring of outside council for county road litigation
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Break
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Suzanne Brinks, of the assessor's office.
— Present abatement petition for Lonnie and Lorraine Kawcak.
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with Dan Davidson, of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
— Present three oil and gas leases for signature
• 11:30 a.m. to noon Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of the planning and zoning department.
— Long Minor Subdivision
— Graff exemption
— Precision Excavating/Peroulis Brothers gravel pit conditional use permit
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day, or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. today, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve March 23 meeting minutes
• Approve February bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
— Approval of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for Carelli's Inc. at 465 Yampa Ave. No cause shown for denial.
— Proclamation to designate the month of April as Month of the Young Child.
— Paula Duzik and Sheila Brennise will request a sponsorship and use of the Craig Swimming Pool for the Little Britches Rodeo.
• Other business:
— Consider a resolution creating a lodging tax committee.
• Staff reports:
— Water and wastewater annual report for 2009.
— Water and wastewater monthly reports for March.
— Police department monthly report for March.
• City manager and city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments