Diane Prather: 4-H Achievement Night — part II
November 20, 2010
Last week's story featured part I of the awards presented to 4-H members during the annual Achievement Night. This week's story is a continuation of the awards.
• Best Photo Award (Grand Champion Best Photo at the fair) — Rebekkah Carslay (Intermediate Class Champion).
• Outstanding Dog Exhibitor Award (points earned through obedience, showmanship and record book scores) — Emma Balstad.
• Outstanding Poultry Exhibitor (points earned through showmanship, record book and leader scores) — Hannah Coy.
• Outstanding Rabbit Exhibitor (points earned through attendance at meetings, extra 4-H activities, demonstrations, participation in shows and fair, record book, showmanship, fundraising, and club officer scores) —Will Pilgrim.
• Outstanding Horseman Award (points earned through class placement, levels testing, attending Livestock Expo and record book scores) — Taylor Duzik.
• Breeding Goat Award (points earned through class placing, showmanship placing and record book scores) — Wyatt Oberwitte.
• Breeding Beef Award (points earned through class placing, showmanship placing and record book scores) — Mackenzie Camblin.
• Breeding Sheep Award (points earned through class placing, showmanship placing and record book scores) — Cody Rogers.
• Dairy Goat Award (sponsored this year by the Colorado Dairy Association) — Bryson Davis and Kelton Villard.
• Homegrown Market Beef Award (presented by the Lyle Prather family to recognize the youth who has raised and shown a market beef from his/her own herd and from points earned for class placing, carcass contest and rate of gain scores) — Casey Barnes.
• Outstanding Angus Exhibitor (presented by the Gerber family to recognize the top Angus exhibitor from points earned from showmanship, breeding beef class placing market beef class placing, and record book scores) — Josie Timmer.
• Supreme Market Lamb Award (points earned from class placing, rate-of-gain contest and carcass contest) — Aaron Shaffer. The lamb placed sixth in its class, fifth in rate-of-gain and eighth in the carcass contest.
• Supreme Market Beef Award (points earned from class placing, rate-of-gain and carcass contest) — Taylor Vernon.
The market beef placed third in its class, fifth in rate-of-gain and sixth in the carcass contest.
• Supreme Market Goat Award (points earned from class placing, rate-of-gain and carcass contest) — Dakota Lee. The market goat placed first in its class, fifth in rate-of-gain and fourth in the carcass contest.
• Supreme Market Swine Award (points earned from class placing, rate-of-gain and carcass contest) — Travis Walsh. The market swine placed seventh in its class, fifth in rate-of-gain, and sixth in the carcass contest.
• Producer's Choice Award — (Several Northwest Colorado Sheep Producers sponsor this award. It is presented to youth who are trying to replicate the sheep industry to the best of their ability. Three awards are given.)
The first award is given during the fair. The second award is based on rate-of-gain, carcass, test score oral presentation score, and record book score
Senior Division — Brice White, Derek Maiolo and Emily Wellman.
Junior Division — Kelton Villard
The third award is given to the top individual overall with the best pen of two lambs who rated the highest overall in the carcass and rate-of-gain contests.
Winner — Brice White.
• 2010 Producer's Choice Oral Presentation Winners:
Senior — Emily Wellman
Junior — Kelton Villard
• Shooting Sports Ambassador — Natasha Sloan represented Moffat County as an ambassador this past year and attended many state functions to promote the Colorado 4-H Shooting Sports program.
• High Point Shooting Sports Awards (includes project score and shooting score):
Senior Grand Champion — Mark Tuck
Senior Reserve Champion — Curtis Tuck
Junior Grand Champion — Dylan Villa
Junior Reserve Champion — Kearn Gerber
Grand Champion — Dakota Lee
Reserve Champion — Miranda Blomquist
Senior Grand Champion — Tiffany Schulze
Senior Reserve Champion — Clara Hickman
Junior Grand Champion — Cutter Polly
Junior Reserve Champion — Brittany Schulze
Grand Champion Senior — Wyatt Oberwitte
Grand Champion Junior — Jesse Kurz
Reserve Champion Junior — Tanner Snyder
• Fashion Revue and Clothing Construction Awards (presented to young people who have excelled in the area of fashion and clothing construction):
Grand Champion Fashion Revue — Samantha Pearce
Reserve Champion Fashion Revue — Katia Voloshin
Grand Champion Clothing Construction — Kyla Pogline.
• Fashion Revue Awards: Kaylee Springer, Taylor Haddock, Emma Balstad, Payton Voloshin, Brooke Krause and Katia Voloshin.
And that's not all.
Incoming 4-H Council members were installed. Club awards and certificates were presented, and members were recognized for best-kept dog, livestock and horse records.
Karissa Maneotis was recognized as District 11 president and state officer team member, and Makayla Goodnow was recognized for being elected District 11 secretary. Congratulations go to Moffat County's 4-H members and leaders.