Craig power pole catches fire | CraigDailyPress.com

Craig power pole catches fire

A small fire smolders at the top of a Craig electrical pole. Craig Fire/Rescue and other agencies were on scene to respond Thursday night.

Local responders received a fire page Thursday evening for a power pole caught ablaze.

Craig Police Department, Memorial Regional Health and Craig Fire/Rescue were on the scene shortly after 8 p.m. in the alley between School Street and Breeze Street near Victory Way.

A small fire at the top of the pole burned the wood and electrical equipment, though Fire/Rescue's Troy Hampton said the flames did not appear to be beyond control.

Indeed, as the department contacted Yampa Valley Electric Association, the fire largely dissipated to something small enough to be handled by a fire extinguisher, though firefighters hit it with a hose to be safe.

Hampton said the cause of the fire was not immediately apparent.

The Craig Daily Press will have more on this story as it develops.

Go back to article