Craig Daily Press and KRAI to host forum
July 31, 2010
If you go
What: Candidate forum hosted by the Craig Daily Press and KRAI
When: 5:30 p.m., Tuesday
Where: Centennial Mall in front of KRAI, 1111 W. Victory Way
— The forum is free and open to the public.
The Craig Daily Press and KRAI will be hosting a public political forum next week with hopes of better informing local voters as the Aug. 10 primary election nears.
The debate will take place at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at Centennial Mall in front of the KRAI office.
Candidates for local, state and federal offices have been invited to participate in the forum.
The Daily Press and KRAI have invited Moffat County candidates for county commission, clerk and recorder, assessor, coroner, treasurer, surveyor and sheriff to participate.
Candidates for senate, Third Congressional District, governor, secretary of state, state treasurer, state attorney general, and House District 57 have also been invited to attend.
The event is open to the public and will be broadcast on KRAI.
The format of the debate will include questions asked by a moderator. Candidates will have two minutes to respond to questions.
As of Friday, 12 local, state and federal candidates have confirmed they will attend.
Local candidates attending include:
• County commission District 2 candidates Audrey Danner and Tony St. John
• County commission District 3 candidates Tom Mathers and Frank Moe
• County assessor candidate Carol Scott
• Sheriff Tim Jantz
• County treasurer candidates Mike Brinks and Elaine Sullivan
State candidates include:
• Colorado House District 57 candidates Randy Baumgardner and Steve Ivancie
Federal candidates include:
• Senate candidate Ken Buck
• Third Congressional District candidate Bob McConnell
Five candidates who declined participating in the forum are:
• County surveyor candidate Peter Epp
• Attorney general candidate John Suthers
• State treasurer candidate J.J. Ament
• Gubernatorial candidate Scott McInnis
• State senate candidate Andrew Romanoff