Craig City Council recap for July 28
July 28, 2015
At their regular bimonthly meeting, Craig City Council members:
• Approved of a special events liquor permit for a beer garden from 5 to 10 p.m. Aug. 7 at the Moffat County Fairgrounds.
• Renewed a tavern liquor license for Thunder Rolls Bowling Center, 990 Industrial Ave.
• Renewal of 3.2 percent beer license for Pizza Hut, 1070 W. Victory Way.
• Received an update from Terry Carwile on the May 8 ruling against the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement regarding mining operations at Colowyo. Former Craig mayor Carwile is acting as liaison to organize community meetings geared toward answering residents' questions about the situation at Colowyo mine. The first meeting will be held at 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Moffat County High School auditorium, 900 Finley Lane. Additional meetings are scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. Aug. 4 at J.W. Snack's Bar & Grill, 210 E. Victory Way; Aug. 6 at Carelli's Pizzeria & Pasta, 465 Yampa Ave.; Aug. 10 at Hampton Inn & Suites, 377 Cedar Ct.; and Aug. 12 at Downtown Books, 543 Yampa Ave.
• Heard from Moffat County Commissioner Frank Moe and Dave DeRose, owner of Masterworks Mechanical, about the development of a local marketing district. DeRose urged the city council to support the development of a local marketing district because it will help foster economic development.
Recommended Stories For You
"If you don't make a plan, you fail," DeRose said.
• Approved a resolution concerning the submission of a ballot question on the November 3 election ballot. The resolution is related to reestablishing the city's legal ability to directly or indirectly provide cable television services, telecommunication services and advanced services with public or private sector providers.
• Awarded a bid to MMI Tank and Industrial Services, Inc. for $318,420 for the sandblasting and painting of the Pine Ridge water tank.
• Heard city staff, council and Craig Police Department reports.
• Took audience comments.