Craig City Council action items for March 22
March 25, 2010
At its Tuesday meeting, the council:
• Approved, 6-0, to extend the contract of Anson Excavating and to allocate $25,000 more in installation costs to replace 1055 feet of water line on Steele Street.
• Approved, 6-0, a renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for the Galaxy Restaurant, 524 Yampa Ave.
• Approved, 6-0, a renewal of tavern liquor license for the Popular Bar Inc., 24 W. Victory Way.
• Approved, 6-0, a special events permit for the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 for April 16 at the Moffat County Pavilion for a retirement event.
• Approved, 6-0, an intergovernmental agreement between Craig and Moffat County for management of the Craig/Moffat County Airport.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 6-0, nullification of a bid award for the purchase of special undercover surveillance equipment for the All Crimes Enforcement Team from Pro-Tech because of back order complications. Awarded bid to Specialty Vehicle Solutions for $8,285.
• Approved, 6-0, a request for the purchase and installation of in-car cameras for the Craig Police Department from L.A.W.S. for $18,180.
• Heard a financial report from Craig Finance Director Bruce Nelson for the month of February.
• Heard a wastewater report for the month of February.
• Heard a water report for the month of February.
• Heard reports from the city manager and city attorney.
• Heard a monthly report from the Craig Police Department.
• Decided to host a public workshop on the possibility of implementing a lodging tax in Craig from a discussion and suggestion from councilmember Terry Carwile. No date has been set.
Note: Councilmember Byron Willems was absent.