Craig car show draws 115 entrants, 2,000 spectators Saturday
June 20, 2011
On Saturday, Bear River Young Life & Colorado Cruisers held their annual Car & Motorcycle Show on Yampa Avenue in Craig.
David Pressgrove, Young Life area director, said the event showcased 115 classic cars and motorcycles and grossed about $7,000 for the Christian-based youth group. Approximately 2,000 people attended the show.
The following are the awards presented at the 2011 event:
• Best in Show, car: 1951 Mercury Coupe — John Smith, of Craig
• Best in Show, motorcycle: 2005 Custom Pro Street Bike — Robert Clayton, of Craig
• People’s Choice: 1995 Springer motorcycle — Dominic Colangelo, of Craig
• Best Rad Rod: 1935 Chervolet Master — Jeff Connett, of Phippsburg
• Best Muscle Car: 1967 Chevy Corvette — Denny Lee, of Craig
• Best Truck: 1946 Ford Pickup — Charley Tileston, of Grand Junction
• Best Hot Rod: 1932 Ford Vicky — Mark Timlin, of Rock Springs, Wyo.
• Best Custom Motorcycle: 1995 Springer motorcycle — Dominic Colangelo, of Craig
• Best Under Construction: 1957 Dodge D-100 truck — Charlie Getcher, of Craig
• Mayor’s Choice: 1968 Chevy C-10 — Kevin Kleckler, re-built by students of Hayden High School
• People’s Choice and Young Life Choice for next year’s logo and T-shirt: 1958 Chevrolet Corvette — Dick Casey, of Rifle
• Farthest Traveled: Bob Kempley, of Redding, Calif. — 1,004 miles