Craig briefs: MCTA promoting local businesses |

Craig briefs: MCTA promoting local businesses

The Moffat County Tour­ism Association plans to sponsor a booth at the 2010 International Sportsmen's Exposition from Jan. 7 to 10 in Denver, and the group would like items from local businesses to help promote Moffat County.

Donated items will be used in displays and giveaways during the event.

Officials ask that business owners provide anything from drawing prizes, promotional items and brochures to help spread the word about their businesses and the community at large.

Call Frank Moe at 824-9282. Items must be on hand by Jan. 4.

Toys for Tots 50,000 short of year's goal

The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation in Denver, a statewide group that collects and distributes toys to disadvantaged children, is about 50,000 toys short of its holiday goal this year.

Organizers encourage residents to donate online at

Recommended Stories For You

Donations can be cash or toys, and made on the Web site or through the mail.

To ensure a donation stays in Colorado, check the box that reads, "Yes, this an honor or memorial gift," on the donation form.

When prompted to give more information, list the honoree name as Marine Squad MACS-23 in Aurora.

Contact the Toys for Tots Denver branch at 303-801-0166.

Rebate program is taking applications

Low-income seniors and disabled residents may begin applying to the Colorado Department of Revenue for the Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate Program.

Eligible applicants can receive as much as a $600 rebate for property taxes or as much as $192 of their heating bills paid in 2009.

The rebates are available to those who have lived in Colorado for the entire year and paid property tax, rent or heating bills.

Applicants also must meet the following criteria:

• For a single person, annual income must be less than $12,000.

• Married couples must have an annual income of less than $15,700.

• The applicant or his or her spouse must be 65 or older by Dec. 31, be a surviving spouse of at least 58 or be a disabled person of any age.

• Applicants must be legal U.S. residents who were not claimed as a dependent on any other person's federal income tax return.

More information about applications and the rebate process can be found at by clicking the "Property Tax/Rent/Heat Rebate" button, or by calling 303-238-7378.

Go back to article