CNCC Craig campus update …
January 24, 2013
News from Colorado Northwestern Community College's Craig Campus:News from Colorado Northwestern Community College's Craig Campus:
News from Colorado Northwestern Community College’s Craig Campus:
• The Auto Tech program has 28 students this semester. The program is also moving forward with a proposal for an additional parking area for cars being worked on in the shop.
• The science building, Rector Hall, at the Rangely Campus has been approved for a total remodel. The goal is to bring the facility up to the standards of the new building in Craig. Funding is being secured from a number of different sources.
• CNCC's website is also in the middle of a total rebuild. The new site is meant to be user-friendly and a great experience.
• The student newspaper, The Spartan Times, is hosting a Wild Game dinner fundraiser in Rangely February 2. The event will feature, live music, food and a silent auction.
• Early Childhood program director Judi Whilden earned her Masters of Art degree in Early Childhood Special Education from the University of Colorado Denver on December 15, 2012.
• The deadline for submissions to be included in the 2013 edition of CNCC’s “Waving Hands Review” is March 1. Community members are invited to send literary, photography, 2-D and 3-D artwork, drawings and other art. Go to the CNCC website, http://www.cncc.edu and click on “Waving Hands Review” for submission guidelines and details
For more information on any of these happenings contact CNCC marketing director Jeff Stoddard at (970) 675-3289.