April 24 Government update
April 24, 2010
Craig City Council
Last met: April 13
• Approved, 7-0, a proclamation designating April as the Month of the Young Child.
• Approved, 7-0, to renew the hotel and restaurant liquor license for Carelli's Inc., 465 Yampa Ave.
• Approved, 4-3, to sponsor the Little Britches Rodeo for $5,000 and allow use of the Craig swimming pool.
Recommended Stories For You
• Heard water and wastewater annual report for 2009.
• Heard water and wastewater report for the month of March.
• Heard Craig Police Department report for the month of March.
Tuesday, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
5:30 p.m. Workshop
— City and county meeting concerning the Yampa Valley Regional Airport.
7:30 p.m. Regular meeting
• Roll call, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve April 13 meeting minutes
• Approve agenda
• Other business:
— Award a bid for the replacement of the ASV skid steer used for biosolids management for the wastewater department.
— Award bid for Steele Street water main replacement materials.
— Reconsideration of resolution No. 6 creating a lodging tax committee as amended.
• Staff reports
— Finance director Bruce Nelson will give a financial report for March.
• City manager and city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments
Moffat County Commissioners
Last met: April 20
• Approved, 2-0, warrant resolutions for April totaling $330,847.87.
• Approved, 2-0, a core services contract with Timberwolf Drug Testing for substance abuse urine analysis not to exceed $3,000.
• Approved, 2-0, a contract with Roger Reynolds of Steamboat Springs for the core services mental health program not to exceed $4,000.
• Approved, 2-0, a contract with Anthony Nobel of Craig for the core services mental health program not to exceed $25,000.
• Approved, 2-0, a contract with Steven Walls of Craig for the core services mental health program not to exceed $20,000.
• Approved, 2-0, an addendum to the five-county core services mental health program contract to increase the contract with Steven Wall from a maximum of $15,000 to $20,000.
• Approved, 2-0, a contract for the construction of restrooms at Loudy-Simpson Park with Behrman Construction totaling $71,985.
• Approved, 2-0, a grant agreement between the Craig/Moffat County Airport and the Colorado Department of Transportation.
• Approved, 2-0, a road and bridge department credit application with A & E Tire Inc.
• Approved, 2-0, second quarter reimbursement claims for Office of Emergency Management expenses totaling $13,349.03, $6,674.51 of which will be federally reimbursed.
• Approved, 2-0, a resolution which approves the City of Craig cleanup weekend for May 15 and 16. There will be no charge to residents for tires taken to the Moffat County Landfill.
• Approved, 2-0, a monthly treasurer's report.
• Approved, 2-0, a facilitating agreement pursuant to Colorado House Bill 04-1451 for families receiving child welfare between Moffat County Social Services, the 14th Judicial District Probation Department and Moffat County Commission.
• Approved, 2-0, 9News Health Fair vouchers at no cost to county employees and half price for employee spouses.
• Approved, 2-0, a budget supplementation from the Moffat County Fairgrounds, the parks and recreation department and Craig Cemetery to pay for lawn mowing services provided by C&K Lawn Care at no change to the contingency.
• Heard a presentation from Ted Lindtveit from Colorado Technical Services Inc., about county property insurance.
• Heard an emergency medical services council report from Moffat County Emergency Management Services Coordinator Tom Soos.
Note: Commissioner Tom Gray did not attend the meeting.
The Moffat County Commissioners will meet at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the commissioner chambers of the Moffat County Courthouse.
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: Minutes from March 9, 25, 30 and April 23 meetings; warrant resolution; love and logic facilitation services contract; five county core services substance abuse services contract; two five county core services mental health services contracts.
• 8:45 to 9:00 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber of Administration.
— Award bid for energy performance contracting
— Award bid for management and operation of Loudy-Simpson Park concession stand.
• 9:30 to 10:00 a.m. Discussion with Kristen Nichols and Jennifer Riley with the assessor's office.
— Abatement hearing for Fleischli Oil
— Abatement hearing for Martyn Development
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer of the social services department.
— Review March 16 minutes for revision or approval.
— Northwest Colorado Council for Children and Families report from Barbara West.
— Caseload trends.
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Mason Siedschlaw of the information systems department.
— Request waiving bid process for copier upgrades.
• 10:45 to 11:00 Break
• 11:00 to Noon Discussion with county attorney Kathleen Taylor.
— Possible executive session regarding Griffin Hadden v. Moffat County mediation.
• Noon to 2:00 p.m. Break
• 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Discussion with county attorney Kathleen Taylor and Lynnette Running of the human resources department.
— Possible executive session to discuss legal questions and give legal advice.