During its regularly scheduled meeting Thursday, the Craig Rural Fire Protection District Board:
• Approved, 4-0, Nov. 15, 2012 meeting minutes.
• Approved, 4-0, Feb. 21 meeting minutes.
• Approved, 3-0, fire department bills of $22,712.51.
• Approved, 4-0, a $5,304.12 purchase order for Industrial Scientific Corporation — iNet.
• Heard a 2013 budget review from Board Treasurer Chris Nichols. Three months into the year the fire department has spent 19.75 percent of its budget.
• Heard Engine 1 replacement update.
• Heard Engine 5 and Engine 7 replacement update.
• Approved, 4-0, cost for all three engines not to exceed $750,000.
• Heard live fire training tower update.
• Heard update from Craig Fire/Rescue Chief Bill Johnston.
• Heard Board member reports.
— Fire Board President Byron Willems recused himself from voting about fire department bills.
— Fire Board member Tony Maneotis arrived to the meeting late and did not vote on any action items.
Craig Rural Fire Protection District Pension Board meeting
• Approved, 7-0, Dec. 20, 2012 meeting minutes.
• Discussed actuarial study, which shows the pension fund has $2.2 million.
Joe Moylan can be reached at 875-1794 or firstname.lastname@example.org.