Craig A carpet cleaning van caught fire Thursday afternoon at 530 Fifth Ave. West in Craig, sending flames and thick black smoke into the air.
Jared Kitchen and his wife own the carpet cleaning company, and he thinks the high temperature outside was one of the reasons his $50,000 vehicle ignited.
“It caught fire because of the heat today,” he said. “The truck mount uses the fuel, and I guess it caught on fire from the fuel (and heat).”
Two Craig Fire/Rescue fire trucks arrived on the scene, and several firefighters rushed to extinguish the flames.
Kitchen had just finished cleaning a carpet at the Ellgen house.
“We feel terrible for him,” Marti Ellgen said.
Firefighters currently are investigating the incident.