News from Colorado Northwestern Community College's Craig Campus:
• The Auto Tech program has 28 students this semester. The program is also moving forward with a proposal for an additional parking area for cars being worked on in the shop.
• The science building, Rector Hall, at the Rangely Campus has been approved for a total remodel. The goal is to bring the facility up to the standards of the new building in Craig. Funding is being secured from a number of different sources.
• CNCC’s website is also in the middle of a total rebuild. The new site is meant to be user-friendly and a great experience.
• The student newspaper, The Spartan Times, is hosting a Wild Game dinner fundraiser in Rangely February 2. The event will feature, live music, food and a silent auction.
• Early Childhood program director Judi Whilden earned her Masters of Art degree in Early Childhood Special Education from the University of Colorado Denver on December 15, 2012.
• The deadline for submissions to be included in the 2013 edition of CNCC's "Waving Hands Review" is March 1. Community members are invited to send literary, photography, 2-D and 3-D artwork, drawings and other art. Go to the CNCC website, www.cncc.edu and click on "Waving Hands Review" for submission guidelines and details
For more information on any of these happenings contact CNCC marketing director Jeff Stoddard at (970) 675-3289.