Just some of the many upcoming courses offered by CNCC for all community members:
- Oil painting with Jane: Session 1, Fri. 1-4 p.m., Jan. 18-March 8 at the Bell Tower #202. Session II, Fri. 1-4 p.m., March 15-May 3 at the Bell Tower #202. Cost $75, senior scholarship (age 62 & older) $30. Instructor Jane Hume.
- Egg decorating Ukrainian eggs: Sat. 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Feb. 23 at the Bell Tower #202. Cost $20, seniors $10. Instructor Susan Erikson.
- Community pottery lab: Pre-requisite, Ceramics I. Sat. and Sun. 1-5 p.m., Jan. 19-April 28 at the new campus pottery studio. Cost $175, seniors $100. Instructor Genevieve Yazzie.
- Pottery for seniors: Tues. and Thurs. 1-4 p.m., Jan. 22-May 3 at the new campus pottery studio. Cost $300, seniors $150. Instructor Genevieve Yazzie.
- Israel Holloway Experimental Watercolor Techniques Workshop: Sat. 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (includes hour lunch break) Jan. 26 at the new campus art room. Cost $50, seniors $25. Instructor: Israel Holloway
— For more information regarding registration call (970) 824-1101 or for class information call (970) 824-1135
For anyone trying to find the new Colorado Northwestern Community College campus in Craig, it would be easy to wind up in the wrong place.
Although the new campus has been open for over a year now, highway signage still directs people to the old location at the CNCC bell tower.
Marketing director Jeff Stoddard has been working ardently on getting signage corrected and pointing to the correct campus.
“They (The State Department of Transportation) tell me they are working on the possibility of directional signs on Hwy 40 and 13, but the woman I was speaking with wasn’t sure what the regulations say," Stoddard said in an email to the Daily Press. "She will be studying it.”
Many students and much of the faculty have expressed they feel much of the community doesn’t know what the new campus has to offer, nor have they taken the time to visit it.
Faculty and administration welcome the community to visit the campus anytime, taking in the artwork that lines the walls and seeing what the campus has to offer.
Darian Warden can be reached at 875-1793 or firstname.lastname@example.org