Also from February 18
- Lillie Ann Forbes Coleman, daughter of Mandy and Phil Coleman, of Hayden, was born at 6:45 p.m. Jan. 31, 2013, at Yampa Valley Medical Center. She weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. Her siblings are Kita, J.R. and Luke. Her grandparents are Phillip and Carol Coleman, of Phippsburg; and Rainer and Sandy Beran, of Craig.
- Josie June Otterman, daughter of Rebecca S. and Kenneth J. Otterman Jr., of Steamboat Springs, was born at 8:08 p.m. Feb. 5, 2013, at Yampa Valley Medical Center. She weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces and was 19 1/4 inches long. Her sibling is Logan. Her grandparents are Ken and Joy Otterman, of Steamboat; and Shawn and Deb MacIntyre, of Fowlerville, N.Y.
- Jessica Counts and Frank K. Counts, of Craig, announce the birth of their daughter, Francesca Grace Counts, at 9:36 p.m. Feb. 11, 2013, at Yampa Valley Medical Center. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces and was 19 inches long. Her grandparents are Frank L. and Rose Counts, of Craig; and Wally and Jennifer Johnson, of Seiad Valley, Calif. Her sibling is Cashton Counts.
- Ashley Simonet and John Simonet, of Craig, announce the birth of their son, Gage Liam Simonet, at 8:43 p.m. Feb. 1, 2013, at Yampa Valley Medical Center. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. His grandparents are Betsy Overton, of Craig; Roger and Staci Overton, of Gilbert, Ariz.; and Jay and Linda Simonet, of Key West, Fla. His siblings are Madison and Jase.
What is your reaction to a decision by Moffat County Commissioners to pursue a resolution supporting the Second Amendment Rights of Moffat County residents?
|It’s the right thing to do. Hunting is a big part of the culture and economy in Moffat County, and our leaders should protect that local industry.||71%|
|It’s ridiculous. The Commissioners should focus on protecting Moffat County’s residents, not its guns.||15%|
|The resolution is nothing more than political pandering. Preserving Second Amendment rights is important, but it’s an issue decided at the national level, not locally.||12%|
- With plenty of snow and added events, Wyman’s Winter Festival delivers for crowds
- February 17, 2013
- It has become one of Craig’s premier events during winter, and Saturday’s all-day seventh annual Winter Festival at the Wyman Museum did not disappoint. On the heels of 2012’s lack of snow and scaled back Winter Festival events, this weekend’s 2013 version was back at full strength and even included some expanded snow-related events.
- Briefs for Feb. 18, 2013: BLM reminds residents about Emerald closures
- February 18, 2013
- The Bureau of Land Management is reminding people to comply with seasonal closures at Emerald Mountain near Steamboat Springs. The closures are in place to protect wintering and calving elk, according to a Little Snake Field Office news release.
- Stephanie Pearce: Give each day a new start
- February 18, 2013
- Not too long ago, I was having a conversation with my son about how I’ve raised him and made so many mistakes. He assured me that he has turned out OK. He also told me something that really hit home: He told me not to hold on to the past or to grudges, but to give each day a new start. I know, he’s pretty wise for being so young. This is easier said than done for most humans, but not so much for dogs. I have a dog that is really good at this.