Government update for Feb. 9, 2013
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: February 5 meeting minutes, resolution for payment of payroll warrants, resolution for transfer of payroll warrants, Museum of Northwest Colorado billboard contract, intergovernmental agreement for participation in the Colorado Emergency Fire Fund.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion:
Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with the Board of County Commissioners
— Discuss signing a resolution regarding 2nd Amendment rights in Moffat County.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Rebecca Tyree, Moffat County attorney
— Present an ordinance prohibiting marijuana related operations in Moffat County.
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
— Present personnel requisitions for approval.
— Discuss health board recommendations for an onsite health care clinic.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Melody Villard, of the Moffat County Tourism Association
— Present bid recommendation for web site creation.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge
— Present monthly reports.
— Request waiving the bid process for a truck mounted welder.
• 10:30 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Darcy Owens-Trask, of the Northwest Colorado Workforce Investment Board
— Present program overview and update.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve Jan. 22 meeting minutes
• Approve January bills
• Approve agenda
— The Boys & Girls Club of Craig will present their leadership budget.
• Other business:
— Award bids for Craig Police Department vehicles.
— Resolution No. 5 appropriating funds to the Medical Benfits fund to cover premiums and medical claims.
— Resolution No. 6 appropriating additional funds to cover the increase in health insurance premiums.
— First reading of Ordinance No. 1028, a supplemental appropriation to carryover 2012 projects not completed to the 2013 budget.
— Approve an intergovernmental agreement with Moffat County to provide services for April 2 municipal election.
— Approve contract for legal services.
• Staff reports:
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments