Becky Plummer: Join me in picketing Jane Fonda's new movie

This letter is to inform you that Hanoi Jane — Jane Fonda — will portray Nancy Reagan, one of if not the finest first ladies that has graced the White House ever, in “The Butler.”

Hanoi Jane went to Vietnam during the Vietnam War, not to visit our soldiers to show her support, but she went to visit the enemy troops and encourage them to shoot down more of our B-52s, piloted by Americans. I can’t get over something she has never apologized for and continues to flaunt in America’s face by her actions and by wearing a “Hanoi Jane” T-shirt during interviews on national TV.

I will be in front of the theater with my picket sign on Friday, Aug. 16. Stand with me on Aug. 16 in front of our theater if they chose to release this film. Stand up for our Vietnam vets in our community and all over the United States and for those that have never been found and will never rest in peace on their own home lands, and for their families that remain today that will never get over it.

Becky Plummer

Craig

Comments

David Moore 8 months, 1 week ago

I don't disagree on the Hanoi Jane theory, but I do disagree on "Nancy Reagan, one of if not the finest first ladies that has graced the White House ever". Sorry, not in my book of finest 1st ladies, matter of fact, not even in the top 10. JMO.

John St Pierre 8 months, 1 week ago

Are you refering to the Nancy Regan who consulted with a Astrologer daily to set her Husbands schedule and help him make decisions??

Ray Cartwright 8 months, 1 week ago

So the question is, is the theater going to show the movie or not and what time do I need to be down there and do I need my own sign or do you have some available? I guess you can reply here and hope I get it. thanks for being on top of things.

Becky Plummer 8 months, 1 week ago

Well I found out last night that the movie is not being released here this weekend, we will just have to keep our eyes on the marquee to see when and if it comes to town. I only have one picket sign made, but if you would like I can try to put something together for you. And thanks to you for understanding the real reason behind the protest.

Ray Cartwright 8 months, 1 week ago

So I got a message from Becky Plummer last night that she has talked to the people at the theater and out of respect for our veterans and the ones who lost their lives and or loved ones over there, they will not show the movie in their theater. Thank you to the owners of the theater and to Becky for being on top of things. and especially a thank you to the veterans.

Becky Plummer 8 months, 1 week ago

You are welcome Ray and and a special thanks to the theater and the wonderful people that run it but especially to our past, present and future military, without you we couldnt be the country we are today.

Brian Kotowski 8 months ago

One wonders if all those whining about a washed up actress in some stupid movie drive, or have ever driven, a Ford. Ford was a virulent anti-Semite who was greatly admired by Hilter. Hitler sang Ford's praises in Mein Kampf and often copied directly from Ford's newspaper The Dearborn Independent, wherein Ford instructed his editors to chronicle “the Jewish Menace.” In the early 20's, Ford published The International Jew: The World's Problem. At Nuremberg, the Hitler Youth honcho testified how enormously influential The International Jew was for the nascent Nazi party; well thumbed copies were found in Hitler's office & a portrait of Ford hung on Hitler's wall in the same room.

“I wish I could send some of my shock troops to Chicago and other big American cities to help in the elections. We look on Heinrich Ford as the leader of the growing fascist movement in America. We admire particularly his anti-Jewish policy which is the Bavarian fascist platform.” [Ford was considering a Presidential run at the time] ~ Adolf Hitler, 3/8/1923

It is not at all difficult to argue that Ford is one of the founding fathers of 20th century radial anti-Semitism, which led to the death camps and the slaughter of millions.

Henry Ford: better or worse than Jane Fonda?

Becky Plummer 7 months, 1 week ago

As a matter of fact I don't drive Fords, what do you drive? As for better or worse I guess you could call them both traitors then..

Brian Kotowski 7 months, 1 week ago

Would you picket someone who drove a Ford? How about Ford factory or dealership? If not, why?

Becky Plummer 7 months, 1 week ago

Well no because I did not see a Ford saleing out our American Soldiers to the Vietnamese or encourging them to shoot down B52 bombers or any other acts of treason as Jane Fonda did and to this day is not ashamed or remorsefull for the lives she cost our country. Why do you want to argue on this point do you not find her acts disgusting and treasonious? If not WHY?

Brian Kotowski 7 months, 1 week ago

Defensive much? Allied casualties in WW2: Just shy of 40 million. Allied casualties in Vietnam: 60k. Ford did exponentially more to advance evil and genocide than Fonda and her cleavage ever did. Your outrage is selective and childish, and strikes me as more pose than principle. When I see you on Victory picketing Craig Ford, I'll take you a little more seriously.

Becky Plummer 7 months, 1 week ago

Well being that I wasn't around during WW2 and had never heard of these actions before you stated them, but was around during the Vietnam war you could maybe understand why I choose to fight for something I do understand and feel passionate about. As far as defensive much? I thought there was always two sides to a discussion. You have failed to answer my questions, do you drive a ford and do you not find her acts disgusting and treasonious?

Brian Kotowski 7 months, 1 week ago

I stopped answering knock-knock questions when I was 9. You haven't, and that's your prerogative. You write: “...I did not see a Ford saleing [sic] out our [sic] American Soldiers to the Vietnamese or encourging [sic] them to shoot down B52 bombers...” Um, okay. Ignorance is bliss, in other words. Now that you're aware of Ford's complicity in one of the most horrendous acts of evil in all of human history, your attitude remains “hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.” Bully for you. Because the reality is that's what it's about: You.

I have no intention of ever watching The Butler. Not because of Fonda, but because of Oprah Winfrey's idiotic, self-centered publicity stunt preceding the film's release. Plus, I don't go to movies anyway. But if not for Winfrey, I probably would have watched once it became available online. If someone asks why I haven't seen it, I'll tell them. I won't take to the streets and have a hissy fit. Forcing one's irritations down the throats of total strangers is about as childish as it gets.

Boycotts & picketing never work. If anything, they're counter-productive. Old media adage: there's no such thing as bad publicity. I'll wager a year's pay the producers cast Fonda for no other reason than to push some very reliable buttons, and cash in on the publicity resulting from the tantrums they knew they would provoke. Congratulations, Pavlov. Your drool is impressive.

Brian Kotowski 7 months, 1 week ago

Upon further reflection, I apologize for the masshole tenor of my remarks, Becky. I appreciate your passion. I just don't see your approach as useful or productive. Just the opposite, in fact. The film opened #1 at the box office and stayed there for 3 weeks. A month later it's at #2. Having spent 15 years in media, I know the producers are grateful for all the sound & fury over Fonda. Sometimes the best way to deal with an insect is to ignore it.

Becky Plummer 7 months, 1 week ago

Apology accepted because I am not making this about me , quite the oppposite every generation of my family was military and still are today, so it is they and all those that can't speak against those who stand against AMERICA that I stand for and will picket or scream from the roof tops to defend. After all if not for the American MIlitary where would we be today?

Becky Plummer 7 months, 1 week ago

And if I offended you in any way I also apologize..