Fire Board takes action at Thursday meeting
At its regular meeting Thursday, the Craig Rural Fire Protection District Board:
• Approved, 5-0, Sept. 20 meeting minutes.
• Approved, 4-0, fire department and HAZMAT bills of $42,366.33.
• Approved, 5-0, a purchase order for 24 sets of bunker gear at $48,000, contingent upon adoption of the 2013 budget.
• Approved, 5-0, first reading of the 2013 HAZMAT budget.
• Approved, 5-0, first reading of the 2013 pension budget.
• Approved, 5-0, engagement letter for 2012 audit.
• Heard training tower update.
• Discussed Battalion Chief Dennis Jones’ retirement letter.
• Heard update about fire department newsletter.
• Heard report from Chief Bill Johnston.
— Fire board president Byron Willems recused himself from voting on fire department bills.
— For more on Thursday’s meeting, see the Saturday Morning Press.