Also from July 29
What is your opinion of the restaurant selections in Craig and Moffat County?
|Poor, there are limited choices, and the quality/service is lacking.||61%|
|Average for a small community.||32%|
|Excellent, the offerings are varied, and the quality/service is great.||5%|
- Craig Police Department vehicles collide while responding to call
- 04:49 p.m., July 29, 2012 Updated 10:36 a.m.
- Craig Police Department officers responded last week to a report of a domestic dispute with gun shots fired. The call was received about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Two police department patrol cars responded to the scene at 3408 Essex Court in the Ridgeview subdivision. When officers arrived, suspect Wesley Dean West, 51, of Craig, admitted he had fired three shots into the air to scare a neighbor’s dogs, Craig Police Chief Walt Vanatta said. West was taken into custody and booked into Moffat County Jail on suspicion of reckless endangerment and prohibited use of a weapon, both misdemeanors. He was released on $750 bond the same day.
- The Memorial Hospital Board meeting agenda for Aug. 2
- July 29, 2012
- The Memorial Hospital Board meeting When: 6 p.m. Thursday Where: Conference rooms A, B and C at The Memorial Hospital, 750 Hospital Loop Agenda:
- Saturday morning crash claims three people west of Craig
- 12:46 p.m., July 29, 2012 Updated 11:48 a.m.
- Colorado State Patrol troopers responded early Saturday morning to a two-vehicle crash that claimed the lives of one motorist and two passengers. The crash occurred at 2:30 a.m. on U.S. Highway 40 near milepost 65, about 25 miles west of Craig, the state patrol reported. An Audi A4 driven by 35-year-old Raul Torres-Rodriguez, of Fort Collins, was traveling west on Highway 40 when the vehicle reportedly veered into the eastbound lane and collided head-on with a Freightliner tractor-trailer driven by Rickie Jenkins, 53, of Casper, Wyo., according to a CSP news release. Trooper Joshua Lewis, public information officer with CSP in Denver, said the vehicles “bounced” off of each other after impact.