Also from July 24
- Nikki and Ronald White, of Meeker, announce the birth of their daughter, Afton Jade White, at 12:32 a.m. Sunday, July 15, 2012, at The Memorial Hospital in Craig. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. Maternal grandparent is General Jessen. Paternal grandparents are Bill and Debbie White, of Meeker. The baby was welcomed home by a sibling, Damien.
- Craig residents, movie fans react to Aurora tragedy
- July 23, 2012
- In the days leading up to Friday, Craig resident Shane Hadley was heavily anticipating the release of one of the summer movie season’s biggest events. Like many movie fans, Hadley couldn’t wait to learn the fate of one of the most beloved fictitious characters in “The Dark Knight Rises,” the third installment of the Batman trilogy. Once the big day came, he was horrified to learn of an incident that would forever be tied to the saga and leave him and countless others thinking of those who would never get the chance to view the film in its entirety.
- VNA preparing public health plan for Moffat, Routt counties
- July 24, 2012
- The Moffat County Commission got a look at health concerns most pressing for the area Tuesday when Yvette Joyce, of the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association, presented the preliminary outline for a Public Health Improvement Plan for Moffat and Routt counties. Joyce is a performance improvement and health data specialist for the VNA and a health planner for the Office of Planning and Partnerships through the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. “CDPHE has asked us as a local health agency to prioritize public health issues so they can standardize and process plans in an effort to make sure that all the agencies in Colorado are going through the same steps, if not necessarily coming up with the same public health issues everywhere,” she said. On behalf of the CDPHE, Colorado Health Assessment and Planning System, the VNA has collected health data of Northwest Colorado to select areas of public health it plans to target for improvement.
- Letter: Soccer teams need more attention
- 11:27 a.m., July 24, 2012 Updated 11:29 a.m.
- To the editor: These comments are to explain my belief according to my 60 years around the soccer ball. I am a fan of all ability and experience levels. My comments and beliefs are that we need soccer coaches and an athletic director who can be honest and can do the job in an acceptable way, not just because they will have the job and receive pay.
- Steamboat resident dies in boating accident
- 11:15 a.m., July 24, 2012 Updated 04:03 p.m.
- The driver of the boat, a 21-year-old man, was arrested on suspicion of operating the boat while intoxicated. The accident occurred Saturday night in Wisconsin.
- Agee wildfire ignites Monday, now under control
- July 24, 2012
- The Agee wildfire ignited Monday night north of Craig from a lightning strike, burning about 70 acres before fire personnel brought it under control. Craig Fire/Rescue responded to the fire near Moffat County Roads 89 and 103, after the fire was reported by a West Routt firefighter who was in the area at 4:45 p.m. Monday, Craig Fire/Rescue Chief Bill Johnston said.