At its regular meeting today, the Moffat County Commission:
• Approved, 3-0, an $18,616.20 bid to Craig Steel for cattle guard iron.
• Heard an update from Terry Barber of the Craig Youth Hockey Association about the Cold Corner Cup pee wee hockey tournament scheduled for President’s Day weekend in Craig.
• Approved, 3-0, hiring two part-time data entry clerks for the assessor’s office to update county mineral books.
• Approved, 3-0, hiring 14 seasonal employees for the pest management department.
• Approved, 3-0, hiring two seasonal supervisors for the pest management department.
• Awarded, 3-0, hiring a part-time assistant night manager for the housing authority.
• Approved, 3-0, a $16,273 bid from Grand Valley Sheet Metal, Inc., in Grand Junction for an HVAC system at the Dinosaur library.
• Approved, 3-0, a $1,300 contract with Josh Lowe of YampaGeo to begin phase one of a mapping project of off highway vehicle trails in Moffat County.
• Approved, 3-0, tabling an invitation to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for a county EMS assessment.
— Reported by Joe Moylan, Craig Daily Press
Click here to have the print version of the Craig Daily Press delivered to your home.