Also from August 29
- Bears Ears Tea Party meeting
- Club 20
- Craig Chamber of Commerce meeting
- Craig City Council meeting
- Crochet Class
- Fire District Meeting
- Labor Day flag dedication
- Local photographers meeting
- Mountain Housing Workshop Day
- The Colorado Northwestern Community College Board of Control
- The Craig-Moffat County Airport Advisory Board
- The Craig Planning & Zoning Commission
- The Moffat County Land Use Board
- The Moffat County Libraries Board
- The monthly AARP meeting
- The Sleeping Giants Group
- The Yampa Valley Economic Development Council
- Yampa Valley Economic Development Council Meeting
Do you think Moffat County should spend $100,000 or more to repair the Luttrell Barn at the Moffat County Fairgrounds?
|Yes, the Luttrell Barn is a fixture in Moffat County and should be maintained.||56%|
|No, the money could be better used elsewhere.||40%|
- Sleeping Giant Group officials answer questions about proposed Hayden casino project
- Sleeping Giant Group discusses Hayden casino project with CDP
- August 29, 2012
- On Thursday, the Sleeping Giant Group will host it’s first community meeting in Craig about its proposed Hayden casino. The meeting begins at 5:30 p.m. at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion. SGG partners Johnny Spillane and Steve Hofman on Wednesday sat down with the Craig Daily Press to discuss some of the concerns already raised by members of the Yampa Valley community. Below is an excerpt from that conversation.
- On the Record for Wednesday, Aug. 29
- 01:18 p.m., August 29, 2012 Updated 12:04 a.m.
- On the Record for Wednesday, Aug. 28
- Letter: TMH actions upset area family
- 11:50 a.m., August 29, 2012 Updated 11:59 p.m.
- Yesterday, our household received a letter from Jennifer Riley (Chief of Organizational Excellence at the Memorial Hospital) informing us that Dr. Phillips was leaving the community and that August 18th would be his last day. This letter was dated August 14th and postmarked August 16th (Dr. Phillips actual last day at TMH Medical Clinic).
- Letter: VFW grateful for parade support
- 09:00 a.m., August 29, 2012 Updated 11:56 p.m.
- To all the citizens of Craig, I would like to Thank a big, big Thank You for all the support that was shown on the 4th of July. Also all the patriotism shown. It all made for a really nice 4th of July parade. The BBQ at Veterans Park was a big hit with 1,800 plus people served. I would also like to give a big Thank You to all whom took the time and effort to make the floats. I know it takes time and effort to make the floats. I know it takes a lot of work to build and there were many good floats.