TMH Board takes action at Thursday meeting
At its regular meeting Thursday, The Memorial Hospital Board:
• Welcomed Mike Mullins, Region 9 vice president for Quorum Health Resources. Mullins will be a hospital representative for QHR.
• Discussed an upcoming trustee webinar series scheduled for Aug. 14, titled “The Board’s Role in Disaster Preparedness.”
• Approved, 6-0, medical staff privileges for five reappointments.
• Approved, 6-0, the purchase of Aladdin “Heat on Demand” tray service equipment for $11,112.22. The set includes plates, trays, domes and an activator, and will enable food servers in the hospital to ensure the meals served and delivered to patients remain heated and fresh despite lengthy waiting times. Secretary/treasurer Tinneal Gerber said the setup will vastly improve patient satisfaction.
• Accepted first- and second-quarter safety reports and a second-quarter strategic plan update. The board will also meet later in the month to discuss its strategic plan for 2013.
• Met for about two hours in executive session to receive legal advice regarding contractual negotiations.
Note: Board member John Kinkaid had to leave the meeting early.