Michelle Balleck: Weekend events signs of the season
Weekend movie show times
29 E. Victory Way
“Warrior” — Rated PG-13; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
“Killer Elite” — Rated R; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
Tickets: $7 for ages 10 and older, $5 for ages 9 and younger
Sunday matinee: $5 for ages 10 and older, $4 for ages 9 and younger
Submit your event
Submit your event’s details for consideration by emailing me at email@example.com or calling 875-1790.
There’s a chill in the air and the leaves are starting to change. That can only mean one thing.
I love autumn, but am dreading what comes next.
• Shine up your boots for the country stylings of the Teka Brock Band, beginning at 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday nights at the Sports Page Bar at the Holiday Inn of Craig, 300 S. Colorado Highway 13.
There’s no cover, and the bar opens at 5 p.m. if you want a head start.
• Everybody loves a good tailgate party. And this week, Pankey’s BBQ is hosting one.
The End-of-Summer Redneck Tailgator Party runs from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday at the restaurant, 1740 E. U.S. Highway 40.
It’s free and is open to all ages, as it’s an alcohol-free event. Take part in the contest to name a stuffed alligator and learn a few country dance steps. Be one of the first 50 there for a free ice cream cone.
Call Pankey’s at 826-9793 for more info.
• It’s a sign of the season.
The final Farmer’s Market is from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Alice Pleasant Park.
Say goodbye to summer but snag those last fresh veggies to give it a proper sendoff.
• Learn about the makings and uses of Stone Age tools during Gary Collins’ presentation at the Preserving the Last Frontier meeting.
The group gathers at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in the library on the second floor at Sunset Meadows I, 633 Ledford St.
Call 824-6761 for more details.
• Mental wellbeing is a critical community issue I hope none of us forgets.
And the Yampa Valley Community Mental Health Conference this weekend can help keep it top of mind.
The conference runs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Steamboat Sheraton Resort, 2200 Village Inn Court in Steamboat Springs, and is free for Moffat and Routt county residents.
Call Ronna Autrey at 846-8182 or Christina Rosch McLean at 708-5662 to get all the details and to get your name on the roster.
• West Theatre is getting in the new release “Killer Elite” as well as “Warrior” this week.
New at Redbox this week are “Win Win,” “Hesher,” “The Rivers Muders” and “Henry’s Crime.”