Yahoo golf ball drop to benefit Boys & Girls Club of Craig
The 12th annual Yahoo Golf Tournament and ball drop is scheduled for Saturday at Yampa Valley Golf Course, 2179 Colorado Highway 394.
Proceeds benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Craig.
Golf balls purchased will be dropped from an airplane around the 18th hole. Prizes will be awarded for balls closest and furthest from the pin.
One white ball can be purchased for $10. Five white balls and one bonus red ball cost $50. Twelve white balls and three bonus red balls cost $100.
The following are prizes for the white and red balls from closest to furthest:
• Ball 1: $700 pellet grill
• Ball 2: Raft trip for four
• Ball 3: Whole lamb, cut and packaged
• Ball 4: Denver Broncos tickets
• Ball 5: $750 ad package with the Craig Daily Press
• Ball 6: $200 gift certificate at A Tire Inc.
• Ball 7: $175 detail by Complete Detail
• Ball 8: $125 toward any service with Great Divide Cleaning
• Ball 9: $100 gift card from Brothers Custom Processing
• Furthest ball: Oakley sunglasses
• Ball 1: Installed Tankless water heater
• Ball 2: Beef, cut and packaged
• Ball 3: iPad
• Ball 4: Round for four @ Catamount Country Club in Steamboat Springs
• Ball 5: $500 gift card at TLC Carpet One
• Ball 6: 25 tons of crushed limestone delivered
• Ball 7: Two yards of concrete
• Ball 8: Sonicare dental unit
• Furthest ball: Whole pig, cut and packaged
To purchase balls, visit the Boys & Girls Club of Craig, 1324 E. Highway 40.
Free beach soccer set for Sunday
Bill Sawer will be hosting free beach soccer at 1 p.m. Sunday at his soccer park, located off First Street.
All ages and skill levels are welcome in boys, girls, men and women divisions.
Players are asked to wear old soccer socks during the game.
For more information, call Sawer at 824-0116.
Final motocross races of the season set for Sunday
The fourth and final motocross race at Thunder Ridge Motorsports Park, located south of Craig, takes place Sunday.
Registration is from 7 to 8 a.m. and races begin at 9:30 a.m.
Race registration is $25 per racer per class and racers of all ages are welcome.
Entrance to the park is $10 per person.
Race photos from the previous three races are available by contacting Sharyl Chapman at 826-4142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Memberships are available for riders who would like to hone their dirt-biking skills on non-race days.
The end-of-season rate is $50 per person or $75 for a family. Stop by Craig Powersports, Valley Performance or Bank of Colorado for memberships.
The gates will close sometime in October, depending on weather.
To pre-register for Sunday’s race, or for more information, call 824-5251.
Click here to have the print version of the Craig Daily Press delivered to your home.