Northwest Colorado organization awarded for collaboration, community impact
The Northwest Colorado Community Health Partnership has won the first Colorado Collaboration Award for its work to develop a regional network of care for the underinsured and uninsured in Moffat, Routt, Rio Blanco and Jackson counties, according to a news release.
“We are so thrilled to be recognized by Colorado Nonprofit Association and its partnering foundations. This is a wonderful affirmation of five years of work as a community partnership.
“The award will go a long way in helping us continue the work of improving the lives of residents in Northwest Colorado,” said Diane Miller, director of clinical and quality services at the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association.
“By working together, nonprofits can make a greater difference solving community problems than working by themselves,” said Renny Fagan, president and chief executive officer of Colorado Nonprofit Association. “The Colorado Collaboration Award recognizes nonprofits that collaborate to achieve outstanding results and serve as a model for other nonprofits.”
The Northwest Colorado Community Health Partnership consists of community and safety net organizations, health care providers and government agencies.
Since 2005, the combined efforts have included:
• Establishing the Northwest Colorado Community Health Center in Moffat County that provides care to more than 3,000 people per year.
• Developing an integrated behavioral health project between the Northwest Colorado Community Health Center and Colorado West Regional Mental Health, which has served more than 1,000 patients.
• Organizing administration of the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey in Moffat, Routt and Jackson counties middle and high schools and establishing stronger local ordinances to address youth access to alcohol.
• Developing a system to help low-income families gain access to discount and sliding fee medical and behavioral health services.
• Creating a local system of medical transportation financed by Yampa Valley Medical Center.
The partnership is a collaboration between Colorado West Regional Mental Health, Independent Life Center, Northwest Colorado Dental Coalition, VNA, Routt County Department of Human Services, The Memorial Hospital in Craig and Yampa Valley Medical Center.