Gov. John Hickenlooper has ordered flags be lowered today to half-staff on all public buildings statewide in honor of Limon police officer Jay Sheridan, 27.
Sheridan was killed March 9 while serving a fugitive warrant in Limon, a town 90 miles east of Denver. Sheridan was a six-year veteran on the Limon Police Department.
Sheridan is survived by his wife; a daughter; his parents; a brother; and sister. A funeral service is scheduled for today in Limon.
The governor is scheduled to attend the service.
Craig Daily Press seeking new Editorial Board members
The Craig Daily Press is seeking three to four people to participate on its next Editorial Board, which begins April 4.
Editorial Board members meet from noon to 1 p.m. Mondays to discuss the newspaper’s opinion pieces for that week’s Wednesday and Saturday editions.
Editorial Board terms last three months.
If anyone is interested, call Editor Joshua Roberts at 875-1791 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
Craig City Council to host work session on safety center deal
The Craig City Council is scheduled to host an open workshop at 6:30 p.m. today at Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St., to discuss and receive feedback on negotiations with the Moffat County Commission regarding the Moffat County Public Safety Center.
For more information, call 824-8151.
Free presentation on Greater Sage Grouse
Brian Rutledge, Audubon Wyoming executive director, will host a free presentation on the Greater Sage Grouse at 6:30 p.m. today at The Center of Craig, 601 Yampa Ave. Call 824-5241 for more information.
Moffat County Commission agenda for today’s meeting
The Moffat County Commission is hosting its regular meeting at 8:30 a.m. today at the Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way. The meeting is open to the public.
The agenda is below:
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: approve Feb. 22 meeting minutes; two resolutions for payment of payroll warrants; department of social services A/P payroll and electronic transactions; 2011 lawn mowing contract; designation of Audrey Danner as the chief local elected official for the Northwest Region Workforce Board; and contract with NWCC for asbestos inspection.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion.
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Beverly Rave, of the state board of land commissioners
— Board update
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Mason Siedschlaw, of the IT department, and Nancy Miles, of the assessor’s office
— GIS discussion
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Economic development plan discussion
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer, of social services
— Review Jan. 4 and Feb. 15 meeting minutes for revision or approval
— Colorado Works/Senate Bill 124
— 2010 annual report
— Community services block grant reduction
— Monthly reports
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of the natural resources department
— Present road maintenance permit for South Green River Road for consideration
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Marilynn Hill, of Planet Yampa
— Present update on the greenhouse project
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Marilynn Hill, of Moffat County Tourism Association
— Present MCTA focus groups update
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber
— Present 2010 report of financial condition
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Click here to have the print version of the Craig Daily Press delivered to your home.