Weekend movie show times
29 E. Victory Way
“No Strings Attached” — Rated R; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
“True Grit” — Rated PG-13; 7 and 9:05 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 4 and 7 p.m. Sunday
Tickets: $7 for ages 10 and older, $5 for ages 9 and younger
Sunday matinee: $5 for ages 10 and older, $4 for ages 9 and younger
This weekend takes me back. Five years ago in the Kiwanis Play line, I started dating my now husband, Keith. Ahh, nothing like the Kiwanis Play to bring people together, right?
Well, maybe the Super Bowl can.
• Grab your cooler and your camp chair and set up shop at a new location this year.
The ticket line for the Kiwanis Play is at the parking lot west of J.W. Snack’s, 210 E. Victory Way, beginning Thursday.
Tickets go on sale at 5 p.m. Friday at the restaurant.
Get your tickets — at $15 per person or $180 for a table of 12 — for the annual performance at 8 p.m. March 4 and 5 at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion.
The party awaits.
• The monthly Craig Variety Show returns from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265, 419 E. Victory Way.
All singers, songwriters, poets and storytellers are welcome to show off. Plus, don’t miss a comedic act by Dave Morris this month.
To join the fun, call Bill Ronis at 620-6589.
• Try this on for size.
The Craig branch of the Moffat County Libraries is launching Culture Night next week.
The event will run from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. the first Monday of every month at the library, 570 Green St.
The first event, on Monday, will highlight the talents of harpist Charleah Firestone.
To learn more, call the library at 824-5116.
• Catch a play this weekend as Class Act Productions, a group of children in grades 3 to 12, perform “Peter Pan and Wendy” at 7 p.m. Friday and 3 p.m. Saturday at the Hayden High School auditorium, 495 W. Jefferson Ave., Hayden.
It’s $3 for children 11 and younger and $7 for those 12 and older.
• Stock up on beer and wings and get ready for the game of the year.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers face off in Super Bowl XLV, which kicks off at 4:30 p.m. Sunday on Fox.
• Cheer on the Bulldogs on Friday as the basketball teams battle Eagle Valley at home.
Girls JV plays at 3 p.m., boys JV at 4:30 p.m., girls varsity at 6 p.m., and boys varsity at 7:30 p.m.
Head up to Moffat County High School, 900 Finley Lane, to show your support.
• Get your bingo on with American Legion Post 62’s games at 6:15 p.m. Saturday at the Elks Lodge, 43 W. Victory Way.
The doors open at 5 p.m. to get a prime seat.
• West Theatre is getting “No Strings Attached” on Friday — can’t wait! — and holds onto “True Grit” for another week.
Redbox now has “The Client List,” “Machete,” “Welcome to the Rileys” and “Mean Girls 2” (get excited).
Click here to have the print version of the Craig Daily Press delivered to your home.