Tim Meyer, organizer of the 2011 Moffat County Mud Runs, said 55 drivers competed in the muck and the mud Saturday at Wyman Museum in Craig.
About 200 spectators watched drivers plow through two parallel 130-foot mud pits. The pits were manmade, and filled with water pumped from a nearby pond.
There were nine classes: open, modified, pro stock, super stock, stock, four- and six-cylinder, and three classes of tire pulls.
Winners in each class are below:
• Open class — Jeremiah Green, of Rock Springs, Wyo.
• Modified class — George Bauer, of Silt
• Pro stock class — Tom Derr, of Rawlins, Wyo.
• Super stock class — John Konakis, of Grand Junction
• Stock class — Bill Conn, of Craig
• Four- and six-cylinder class — Casey McFarland, of Craig
• Tire pull, diesel class — Justin Donnel, of Steamboat Springs
• Tire pull, gas class — Willie Mast, of Rawlins, Wyo.
• Tire pull, four- and six-cylinder class — Brandon Lyster, of Craig
Click here to have the print version of the Craig Daily Press delivered to your home.