Potter: ‘Vote yes on 62’

Amendment 62 on our Colorado ballot for Nov. 2 is the only one of its kind in the nation.

The exact wording is, “The term ‘person’ shall apply to every human being from the beginning of the biological development of that human being.”

Justice Blackmun, who authored Roe v. Wade, said that “if the pre-born were constitutional persons, the case for abortion would collapse.”

The rescue of pre-born babies through the collapse of the lucrative abortion industry is the purpose for Amendment 62.

It would stop the killing of our tiniest, and most defenseless fellow-persons.

This is your unique opportunity to come to their rescue.  Vote yes on 62.

You can find out more at www.personhoodUSA.com.

Rosemary Potter

Comments

als362 3 years, 6 months ago

I will be voting no. For reasons of my own, that I doubt you would understand.

wellwell 3 years, 6 months ago

als362 and P51,

I really would like to read both of your sides of why you would vote no, This may then inform people why amendment 62 should not be passed.

GreyStone 3 years, 6 months ago

At what point does it become an absurdity to say there is relevant, sentient life and we are not merely giving civil rights to a mass of disorganized cells.

We, as human beings, are assuming the position of a GOD when we think we have the right to make those choices for other human beings.

This is a personal choice. I think.

I too would vote no on this. I am a mother and love my children very much. I'm not sure if I could ever have had an abortion, but the fact remains is that I feel very strongly that it is NOT my right to tell another woman that she can not have one. No matter what anyone says they do not have the right to tell someone else what to do with their bodies.

bluestflameco 3 years, 6 months ago

I have no birth children. I was a theraputic foster mom for seven years. (That means I had obnoxious amounts of training to help kids survive the abuse their parents assailed upon them.) I'm sick to death of right-to-lifers saying that they'll help. After the birth of the child, they disappear. "The system" will take care of them for the eighteen years that follow. When they step up to the plate, I'll change my vote. Until then, I'm pro-kid and my ballot will read "NO."

native_craig_guy 3 years, 6 months ago

I think that it is sad that people still believe that they should impose their will on others. If someone wants an abortion how does that affect you? Besides the fact that we will probably be supporting them with our hard earned tax dollars. It is the responsibility of the person to make that decision, not the duty of the government.

als362 3 years, 6 months ago

native _craig_guy has captured the way I feel about this issue completely. I get very tired of having to pay for someones child that was unplanned for and unwanted. Abortion should be the free choice of every women, not dictated by a bunch of liberals.

jt2009 3 years, 6 months ago

I myself will be voting YES. For reasons of my own, that some may not understand.

kp81625 3 years, 6 months ago

I will be voting no on this one. I don't think that anyone has the right to tell me what to do with my body. Furthermore, I feel that an embryo in the womb should not be considered a child until it can live outside the womb. That time frame would be at about five to six months and even then it's really sketchy.